Director, Insurance Accounting - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director, Insurance Accounting
- Job Location
- United States - Remote
- Job Description
About the Team
It's an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Accounting team with ample development opportunities. We're looking for a Director of Insurance Accounting to strengthen our general ledger and accounting operations functions while keeping pace within one of the fastest growing marketplace companies.
About the Role
You will report to the Assistant Controller on our Accounting team. Progressive experience in accounting operations, internal controls and financial systems is required, as well as the ability to work with all levels of management and cross-functional teams. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be 100% remote.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Liaise with internal and external actuary teams to ensure fair presentation of insurance accounting including insurance captive accounting.
- Liaise with external service providers to ensure the completeness and accuracy of insurance accounting results.
- Own key SOX financial accounting controls and interface with internal and external auditors and business leaders.
- Manage the preparation of quarterly and annual statutory statements for insurance regulators.
- Lead efforts to automate multiple processes by developing an understanding of source data and end user needs, and then directing the design, implementation, and oversight of the solution.
- Design, monitor and analyze key performance indicators and management reports while working with business leaders to optimize results.
- Serve as an important resource for special projects with the ability to both lead and provide meaningful contributions.
- Participate in any company-wide training programs (WeDash, etc.).
We're excited about you because…
- You have 10+ years of accounting/auditing experience (public and/or private), including both GAAP and statutory insurance frameworks.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA is preferred.
- Bold strategic thinker with a keen focus on transforming processes.
- Engaging project leader with strong team skills.
- Progressive thinking skills, a strong work ethic, and a knack for innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with varying levels of management and professional staff.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve accounting and operational issues.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $156,960 - $235,440, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details