Director, Head of Mobilization - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director, Head of Mobilization
- Job Location
- New York; NY; San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Washington, D.C.; Austin, TX; Los Angeles, CA
- Job Description
About The Team
DoorDash’s Public Policy & Social Impact Team advocates for legislation that supports the health of our business and empowers our community of Dashers, local business partners, and consumers. Through our advocacy on cutting-edge public policy issues and the programs that we develop, we are shaping the future of local economies. This unique team combines direct engagement with policymakers at all levels of government, advocacy campaigns, policy research and analysis, and programs to promote equity, safety, and sustainability.
About The Role
DoorDash is hiring an experienced political and grassroots mobilization strategist to join our Public Engagement team. Reporting to the Global Head of Public Engagement, the Head of Mobilization will direct DoorDash’s grassroots engagement and mobilization portfolio across all three sides of our business (Dasher, merchant, consumer) in the U.S., Canada, Australia and New Zealand markets. You’ll work collaboratively with cross-functional policy and business team members to set political strategy, design and implement grassroots and grasstops mobilization strategies, engage diverse policy stakeholders, and manage a team of grassroots organizers and contractors.
You’ll work closely with the Government Relations, Marketing, Strategy & Operations, Experience (Support), and Communications teams.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop and manage innovative and holistic grassroots and grasstops engagement strategies that drive our mission and policy priorities forward.
- Partner with internal cross-functional business partners such as the Dasher and merchant experience, marketing, policy paid media, public affairs, and strategy & operations teams to integrate grassroots engagement across the business.
- Engage DoorDash’s core constituencies (Dashers, merchants, and consumers) to proactively tell stories of how DoorDash is empowering local economies.
- Direct a team of internal Mobilization Associates and Managers as well as contract consultants and organizers.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive logistics and operations budget.
- Build and utilize best in class digital tools that promote data driven strategy and decision making.
- Integrate the Public Engagement team’s policy events strategy into our broader mobilization strategy.
We’re excited about you because…
- A seasoned organizer and political strategist with at least 12+ years experience and a proven track record in national political campaigns, agency, or corporate organizing experience.
- Proven success in people and team management.
- Ability to build strong and sustained relationships with a diverse range of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of successfully leveraging grassroots engagement to achieve overall political or corporate goals and priorities.
- Willingness to travel upwards of 20%.
- In-house corporate experience
- Experience in the tech industry
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details