Director, Finance - OwnwellView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director, Finance
- Job Location
- Austin, TX
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Ownwell helps property owners reduce the costs of owning real estate. Our proprietary software automatically identifies property owners that are overpaying on real estate expenses. We then manage the end-to-end process of reducing bills through tax appeals, exemptions, and corrections.
Over $40 billion is overpaid in property taxes every year, and inaccurate tax assessments disproportionately affect people of color, immigrants, as well as low-income communities.
Ownwell is well-funded and venture-backed by some of the best investors in the world. Our customer base has grown by more than 1000% year-over-year with exceptional feedback demonstrating clear product market fit. We are looking for driven and passionate team members who thrive in a collaborative, positive culture where we all win together. If this sounds like the place for you, come help us change the way everyday homeowners manage their real estate across the country.
As our Director, Finance, you will report to the CEO, Colton Pace to build and scale our Finance function.
The ideal candidate will ensure strong financial operational effectiveness and will play a role in capital-raising programs. This role will help us ensure increased transparency for unit-level accounting and performance, as well as help drive key financial metrics across the business.
Build and scale the finance function
- Director Finance is the first finance team hire for Ownwell. This role will be responsible for building out the finance team supporting our scaling journey.
- Provide strategic insight and recommendations on financial performance and our business model, focusing on KPIs, trends, and analytics to help meet the company’s long-term growth plans
Be a business partner to the functional leaders
- Be a business partner to the executive team, bring quantifiable information into executive level conversations, present financial information during board meetings and to investors.
- Participate heavily in the creation and management of a long-term strategic blueprint for the business, inclusive of business and growth forecasting, capital requirements for human-capital and physical expansion, valuation implications of key business decisions.
Support all Board of Director and investor communications
- Develop all key reporting, financial updates, business commentary, BOD packages
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with debt partners, vendors and business partners.
- Experience in a highly analytical, high caliber environment such as investment banking, private equity, management consulting, or a top-notch corporate finance team
- Experience with building sustainable relationships across the organization is the only way to deliver impact
- You enjoy driving results through partnership with cross-functional stakeholders to drive results
- Experience in building and managing a finance and accounting team, and scaling the finance function
- Strong financial modeling skills are essential. The candidate should be an expert in Microsoft Excel and ideally Netsuite or similar scale accounting systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (content creation for decks, dashboards, etc.)
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or related discipline required. MBA, CPA and/or experience in an analyst program helpful
Ownwell’s vision is to democratize access to real estate expertise. When we say we want to provide access, we mean providing access to everyone. To do that well, we need a team that’s broadly representative. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Ownwell is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status.
Ownwell Headquarters Location
Ownwell Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Ownwell Founded Year
Ownwell Total Amount Raised
Ownwell Funding RoundsView funding details