Director, Field Marketing - MongoDBView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director, Field Marketing
- Job Location
- Remote North America, Austin, New York City, San Francisco
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Director, Field Marketing of AMER will be responsible for driving account expansion and deal acceleration through an integrated field marketing plan with Sales as your primary stakeholder. As the link of Marketing in your region, you’ll partner with every Sales and Marketing organization to ensure your field marketing teams create and curate engaging programs that accelerate the sales cycle and improve conversion to customers. Throughout, you’ll experiment with new approaches and tools, and be disciplined and analytical in measuring programs across AMER, consistently share results up and across the organization. You are a data-guided and results-driven marketer, a role model to your team, and a partner to your cross-functional stakeholders.
The role will report into the VP, Global Field Marketing and can be based anywhere in the US with a preference for San Francisco, New York, or Austin.
- Build, own and execute the field marketing plan for AMER. This plan will help MongoDB to effectively grow and accelerate pipeline through account-based marketing programs, digital, web, webinars, trade shows, regional events, pipeline acceleration events, annual user conferences, customer and partner content and/or activations
- Lead a team of regional field marketing managers to execute regional marketing programs that will deliver significant inbound, qualified leads and pipeline growth to hit targets
- Be a trusted partner to the AMER sales leadership team by understanding and supporting the needs of each territory through careful and calculated planning of marketing strategies and programs that accelerate deal velocity
- Understand specific challenges of strategic accounts, discover the decision-making process and key personas in the organization to support programming
- Work with your team to develop strategies to expand usage of MongoDB across enterprise accounts, across different personas within accounts from developers to c-level
- Understand how to develop end to end marketing programs across multiple enterprise accounts
- Conduct market research and evaluation to understand regional and account opportunities
- Working in collaboration with the ABM CoE to create account based marketing and lead generation programs that delivers significant inbound, qualified leads and pipeline growth for enterprise accounts
- Work closely with the Field Marketing Managers across the AMER regions to ensure our regional plans are aligned with both sales and marketing goals and objectives
- Work with the strategic events team on “MongoDB local” programs on timing and location selections
- Ensure consistency of company priorities through brand strategy and messaging in all field marketing materials and communication
- Communicate and educate the sales leaders regarding new and planned marketing initiatives including global, regional, and local programs
- Ensure performance and ROI are tracked, and set up processes to effectively measure outcomes
- Work closely with your manager to review and analyze performance across your region
- Support our flagship events and sponsored conferences, for example MongoDB World and AWS Re:invent
- Manage the AMER field marketing budget
- 10 years of field marketing experience and account management/marketing experience in a enterprise software, B2B SaaS or technology company
- Experience with account based and/or developer marketing a plus
- Highly results driven with outstanding analytical ability. Demonstration of a metrics-driven approach to success and can show Return on Investment (ROI) by tracking results from funded/co-marketing activity against budget
- Experience working cross functionally with sales or customer success teams
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Expertise with CRM and Marketing Automation systems such as; Salesforce, Eloqua, Jira and Terminus
- Good humor and positive, can-do attitude is required
- 30-50% travel to domestic markets
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB Headquarters Location
New York, NY
MongoDB Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
MongoDB Founded Year
MongoDB Total Amount Raised
MongoDB Funding RoundsView funding details