Director, Employee Relations - RokuView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director, Employee Relations
- Job Location
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Teamwork makes the stream work.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
The Director, Employee Relations will support positive employee engagement by providing guidance and recommendations to respond to and resolve employee concerns and accommodation requests. This role will partner collaboratively with business leaders, People Business Partners, Global Safety and Security, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and other key partners to support consistency and compliance. In addition to actively managing day-to-day employee relations cases, this role will contribute to the implementation and proactive, ongoing review of best practices for responding to employee relations concerns.
For New York Only - The estimated annual salary for this position is between $240,000 and $245,000 annually. Compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, certifications, and specific geographical location. This role is eligible for health insurance, equity awards, life insurance, disability benefits, parental leave, wellness benefits, and paid time off.
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with various teams (People Business Partners, Employment Legal, and Safety and Security) to resolve serious and sensitive employee relations matters
- Conduct prompt, impartial, and thorough investigations into sensitive employee issues which may range in complexity, including (but not limited to) concerns relating to harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and hostile work environment
- Partner with People Business Partners and business leaders to review findings and respond appropriately to concerns raised
- Create appropriate and accurate documentation of concerns and investigations using Roku’s preferred case management system.
- Leverage analytics and reporting to identify and track trends and provide recommendations to People Business Partners and other teams to proactively address issues
- Respond to employee requests for legally-required accommodations, partnering as appropriate with People Business Partners, business leaders, People Operations, Benefits, and Roku’s third-party benefits administrator. Ensure appropriate record-keeping of accommodations-related information and documentation
Policy and Best Practices
- Develop and partner on implementing company policies and processes consistent with changes in laws and regulations, best practices, and company culture
- Develop and deliver ongoing employee relations and policy related training to the people business partners and managers
- Partner with others on the People Business Partners, People Operations, Benefits, Employment Legal, and Safety and Security teams as needed on employee experience initiatives
- Participate in and/or lead special projects as required
- Lead and/or provide support on RFIs and RFPs for consultants/vendors in the area of Employee Relations
- Other duties as assigned
We’re excited if you have
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in education and experience
- 10+ years of progressive responsibilities in Human Resources or Legal positions, particularly focused on employee relations
- 6+ years’ experience responding to employee relations concerns, including conducting and documenting employee relations investigations
- Familiarity with employment laws within the US, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, medical and religious accommodations
- Experience with managing global employee relations issues a plus
- An objective and approachable style, with an ability to communicate effectively and concisely and build collaborative and respectful relationships at all levels of the organization, both in-person and virtually
- A strong sense of resilience and adaptability, with an ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with a sense of urgency
- Experience diffusing tension, effectively mediating conflict
- Presentation and training design and facilitation experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Excellent follow-through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively
Roku is committed to offering a diverse range of benefits as part of our compensation package to support our employees and their families. Our comprehensive benefits include global access to mental health and financial wellness support and resources. Local benefits include statutory and voluntary benefits which may include healthcare (medical, dental, and vision), life, accident, disability, commuter, and retirement options (401(k)/pension). Our employees can take time off work for vacation and other personal reasons to balance their evolving work and life needs. It's important to note that not every benefit is available in all locations or for every role. For details specific to your location, please consult with your recruiter.
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we've grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Roku Headquarters Location
San Jose, CA
Roku Company Size
Between 3,600 - 3,600 employees
Roku Founded Year
Roku Total Amount Raised
Roku Funding RoundsView funding details