Director, Employee Relations - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director, Employee Relations
- Job Location
- United States - Remote
- Job Description
This is a newly created position within DoorDash reporting to the Senior Director, Employee Relations. The primary focus of this role is to lead DoorDash’s efforts to maintain optimal work environments that foster positive relationships and two-way communication between employees and leadership. As the Director, Employee Relations, you will build and lead a team responsible for identifying and addressing issues impacting the employee experience, and you will partner closely with business leaders, Employment Legal, HR Business Partners, the Learning team, and other functions within the People Team to address identified opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop and execute the strategic and tactical components of DoorDash’s employee advocacy strategy
- Work with partners across the organization to drive positive employee relations
- Develop and deploy communication channels to obtain employee feedback and implement action plans focused on addressing identified opportunities
- Create and implement training focused on improving overall people leadership skills
- Monitor Employee Relations trends, local and federal law changes, and rulings that have potential impact to DoorDash
- Develop/design organizational health strategy & toolkit
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What You Will Own
- Case and Project Management
- Research and response to employee relations matters
- Guidance to leaders to appropriately resolve concerns
- Employee Advocacy, Training, Communication
- Influence business decisions to balance employee and business impact
- Train leadership on topics related to creating an optimal working relationship with employees
- Assess working conditions, safety, employee experience and leadership effectiveness
- Conduct on-site response to engagement and environmental concerns
- Deliver site-specific action plans and follow up
- Analyze employee data to identify areas of focus
- Deliver standard and scheduled updates and reporting to Senior Leadership
- BS/BA degree required, with at least 12 years of relevant experience, focused in employee relations or employment law, Masters or JD strongly preferred
- Mastery of employment law basics and performance management best practices
- Demonstrated ability to translate data and predictive analytics into proactive actions for the organization to prevent or preempt unfavorable employee experience trends
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including high EQ, great communication skills (written and oral), and ability to build trust and influence at all levels of an organization
- Experience diffusing tension and effectively mediating conflict
- Presentation and training design and facilitation experience
- Previous Tech/Startup experience a plus
- Position will require travel as needed
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $161,000 - $241,000, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details