Director, Drive Finance & Strategy - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director, Drive Finance & Strategy
- Job Location
- New York City, NY; San Francisco, CA; Portland, OR; United States - Remote
- Job Description
About the Team
The Finance & Strategy team accelerates the growth of our business by implementing new opportunities and solutions. We partner with teams across the company to improve the profitability, scalability and defensibility of our business model. In addition, we collaborate cross functionally to help with business planning and forecasting.
About the Role
You will join a growing team whose objective is to help accelerate our white label fulfillment business (“Drive”). You will maintain the financial model for the Drive Non-Restaurant business to ensure we understand and influence drivers of performance including growth, margin expansion, and competitive positioning. You will have the opportunity to work cross functionally with multiple stakeholders, dive into the operational data with the finance team, and distill relevant information for the leadership team
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment, focused on improving our forecasting at the lowest level of detail
- Maintain the core financial model for Drive’s Non-Restaurant business and prepare analyses for leadership and various stakeholders
- Collaborate with colleagues and cross-functional partners to develop and own new processes to drive financial clarity, identify opportunities, and measure risks in our business
- Support planning processes and special projects to improve, scale, and automate forecasting and reporting processes
- Gain a deep understanding of how a growth business operates at scale
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 10+ years of strategic finance, FP&A, or investment banking experience at a high-growth technology startup or well-established company
- Exceptional attention to detail with a passion to understand data and communicate insights
- Experience interacting with Accounting and a strong understanding of GAAP and corporate finance principles
- Advanced modeling skills (e.g., Excel, Google Sheets). Ability to build distill complex financial data into digestible models and analyses, used across the organization to make strategic recommendations and investment decisions
- SQL proficiency is a huge plus. Ability to manipulate large datasets, uncover hidden insights, and improve our understanding of our business
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details