Director, Data Science & Analytics - Consumer Product - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director, Data Science & Analytics - Consumer Product
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; New York City, NY; Los Angeles, CA; Chicago, IL; Austin, TX
- Job Description
About the Role
The Growth Analytics team is looking for a leader to help drive exciting product advancements for our various customers. This role will partner with Product Managers, Strategists, Engineers, Designers, and other key stakeholders and use data to best understand our users and the impact that our products have on them.
You will have an opportunity to directly influence our Consumer product roadmaps and work closely with business leaders across DoorDash.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Oversee analytics related to Consumer product
- Use experimentation to drive product engagement while improving customer experience
- Analyze and size opportunities to drive product prioritization and strategy
- Hypothesize and recommend product enhancements by leveraging a deep understanding of our data, customers, and business
- Build dashboards to track the progress of feature rollouts and the long-term success of products
- Serve as a thought partner for counterparts on Product, Operations, and Engineering teams to influence the roadmap
- Improve reporting and data tools to empower data-driven decision-making in the workstreams you support
We’re excited about you because you have…
- 10+ years data science experience with a Bachelor or Master degree or 8+ years with a PhD in relevant fields
- 6+ years direct manager experience
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Python or R
- Experience with experimentation (A/B testing, diff-in-diff experiments)
- Strong communication skills, specifically driving projects in a leadership role
- Product Analytics experience is a plus
- ETL experience is a plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details