Director, B2B Retention Marketing - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director, B2B Retention Marketing
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Los Angeles, CA
- Job Description
About the Team
DoorDash’s mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about — helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses.
To help further that mission, the B2B Marketing team is responsible for helping Merchants find the right DoorDash products and services to grow their businesses. We do this by building lasting relationships with our B2B audiences through personalized, scalable, cross-channel experiences that drive retention and engagement. We take pride in being the trusted advisor to our SMB Merchants, and the prominent Merchant advocate to our cross-functional partners — navigating them through every step of their DoorDash journey and empowering them with the right, personalized resources, education, and suite of solutions to maximize their business, at scale.
About the Role
As the Director of Retention Marketing, B2B, you will lead a team of Marketers responsible for optimizing and extending the customer lifecycle of our B2B products through strategic, cross-channel campaigns and programs. You will inspire a team, drive business goals, collaborate and deepen relationships with cross functional stakeholders, and continually elevate our B2B marketing programming and supporting infrastructure.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Provide structure and coaching for a team of B2B marketers to deliver against retention and engagement goals
- Hire and develop top tier B2B marketing talent, evolving org design as needed to meet developing business needs
- Lead the development of annual and quarterly B2B marketing plans, maximizing incremental gains to meet overarching B2B business targets
- Define and own priority KPIs, continually analyzing emerging trends and responding appropriately
- Oversee all owned channel marketing campaigns and programs across the B2B lifecycle and product suite, ensuring a cohesive, personalized customer journey
- Serve as a key strategic partner to B2B business leads across Product, Strategy & Operations, Marketing, and Sales
- Continually advance the infrastructure for B2B marketing, inclusive of evaluating and optimizing technical platforms and tooling, developing and actioning on new customer models, and optimizing campaign measurement practices
We’re excited about you because…
- 10+ years experience in the customer marketing, customer engagement or operations with 5+ years managing high performing teams
- Career training on a Biz Ops team or proven tenure at a top strategy consulting firm
- Results-oriented with an exceptional track record of developing profitable B2B retention marketing programs and exceeding performance & revenue targets
- Strong analytical skills; ability to translate large and disparate data sets into hypotheses and an experimentation strategy
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently, while also skilled at building strong internal relationships and consensus on initiatives
- Passion for customer experience and delivering incremental value to customers
- Familiarity with CRM technology including Marketing Automation platforms and CRM tools
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Able to pivot readily and react to real-time data
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s degree a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details