Director, Asset Management - MyndView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Director, Asset Management
- Job Location
- Remote, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Mynd is a tech-enabled real estate company serving the $85B+ property management and real estate investment market. In the past few years, consumers have gained access to free stock trades, greater transparency in the mortgage market, and apps that make managing their money more convenient. Yet real estate investment, the most powerful tool for building generational wealth, has largely been the purview of wealthier individuals and professional money managers.
Mynd is determined to overhaul that paradigm.
At Mynd, we’re on a mission to democratize access to happy homes and sustainable investments by making the purchase of single-family residential real estate as effortless as other types of investments. Investing in real estate can be intimidating, especially for first-time buyers. Moreover, many potential investors don’t want to buy real estate in their geographic area, or have been priced out of competitive big city housing markets.
With operations in 25 markets across the U.S. and real-time insights via our platform, we remove the time, communication, and geographic barriers traditionally associated with buying real estate. Investors can now find, purchase, lease, manage, and sell single-family rental properties 100 percent remotely.
Mynd is Best Places to Work certified, a Built In SF Best Places to Work 2022 winner, and was named the #1 fastest-growing East Bay company by the San Francisco Business Times in 2021. We’ve attracted talent from Starwood Waypoint Homes, The New York Times, McKinsey, BCG, Compass, Better, One Medical, Zillow, Upwork, WeWork, and Facebook. We’re backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, Jackson Square, and QED, and recently announced a $5 billion deal with Invesco Real Estate that will make us the largest buyer of single-family rental homes in the country.
About the role:
Mynd is looking to hire an entrepreneurial, analytical, and motivated leader to lead and grow our Institutional Asset Management team. This strategic doer will be intimately familiar with the mechanics of optimizing SFR portfolios, regardless of geographic location, and will be able to produce desired outcomes despite heterogenous housing types and the operational nuances of our institutional partners. This leader will build a team that applies disproportionate leverage to all high value operating decisions with the goal of maximizing returns and helping our institutional partners achieve their goals, all while providing excellent service. You will design a scalable playbook and build a team that can advise and guide our property managers through all crucial decisions over the course of property management including leasing, renewals, rent recommendations, revenue management, turns, value-add capex, budget review, variance analysis, portfolio expansion and dispositions.
This role reports to the Head of Institutional Operations on our Mynd Investment Management team.
- Recruit, build and mentor a team that will optimize the portfolios of our institutional partners.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Asset Management team and build the asset management playbook.
- Ideate and implement Revenue Management strategies, overseeing a team of associates responsible for rent price setting for both retail and institutional portfolios
- Create Mynd performance metrics and compile and deliver results to our institutional partners.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of each institutional partner and lead the team that will produce outcomes aligned with their goals.
- Monitor the performance of recently acquired assets and influence future purchases by providing data driven insights.
- Advise the Buying Team on market trends, real estate opportunities and buy box strategies.
- Review and evaluate monthly / quarterly operating performance and make operational recommendations to achieve desired outcomes.
- Create Mynd performance metrics and compile and deliver results quarterly to our institutional partners.
- Maintain broad overview knowledge of major markets (trends, drivers, rents, values, etc.) to support sound assessment of property operations and acquisitions.
- Do the above in a strategic and scalable manner that will allow the team to effectively advise on what will become one of the largest portfolios in the SFR space.
- Occasional market visits required.
Who you are:
- Experienced SFR leader
- Excellent organizational, time management and follow-up skills
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Familiarity with financial modeling/underwriting
- Ability to interface with high institutional investors
- Previous experience supporting investment funds
- Extreme attention to detail and high degree of ownership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bias toward action; self-driven and intrinsically motivated with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- High degree of comfort with change, technology and ambiguity
- Experience working in a high-tempo, high-growth, team-oriented organization
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 7+ years of underwriting and/or asset management experience on multifamily or SFR properties
- Solid analytical and negotiating skills
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- The ability to multitask and meet deadlines
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and we are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Mynd is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, owners, residents and communities. The health and safety of our employees and contractors around the world continues to be our top priority as we face the challenges associated with COVID-19. Leaders across Mynd meet regularly to consider the evolving situation and are doing all we can to keep our teams healthy.
$150,000 - $200,000 annually. The compensation range may be adjusted based on experience and location.
At Mynd, we offer a robust, competitive & unique benefits package:
- Unlimited time off
- 13 Paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cash to purchase your own investment property through our “Project Investor Myndset” program
- 401k + Match
- Wellness, home office, and cell phone subsidies
- Volunteer time off
- Robust health, dental, vision insurance, and more
- Sabbatical program
- Eligible to participate in Mynd’s equity program
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an ‘A’ Player
- Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Mynd Headquarters Location
Mynd Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Mynd Founded Year
Mynd Total Amount Raised
Mynd Funding RoundsView funding details