DevOps Engineer - Capella SpaceView Company Profile
- Job Title
- DevOps Engineer
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA, Boulder, CO or Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Capella Space is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We’re leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you’ll work in a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. We’re looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success.
Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it, regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!As a Capella DevOps Engineer you will:The Capella Platform Operations team is looking for mid to senior-level DevOps engineers to be an integral part of a creative team of people that are working to solve complex problems with innovative solutions. At Capella, we are looking to bring automation, system monitoring, and scalability to new levels.We are a mentoring team and encourage the transfer of knowledge, learning new technologies, and career development.If you have subject matter expertise in all or some of the following skills and like being a part of a cohesive team that is passionate about technology and personal growth, then let's talk!Skills and experience we are looking for:
- Experience writing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) with Terraform.
- Previous development experience building micro-services against Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of TCP or RESTful-based micro-services.
- Experience with Ansible for standardizing configuration management.
- Administration or development experience with self-hosted database clusters. (e.g. Redis, InfluxDB, MongoDB, and Postgres)
- Interest in: advanced auto-scaling technologies.
- You believe in GitOps methodologies and want to tool a self-service environment.
- Previous experience integrating vaulting technologies into Kubernetes.
Nice to have:
- 4+ years of Linux experience.
- 3+ years of automation experience. (e.g. python, bash)
- 4+ years experience with AWS or another cloud platform.
- 2+ years experience in Kubernetes administration.
- Participate and assist in roadmap and agile ceremonies.
- Ability to thoughtfully reverse engineer problems and build solutions to fix re-occurring issues.
- Good communications skills, and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Participate in on-call duties.
- Familiarity with serverless technologies.
- Experience with package management.
- Hybrid cloud experience.
CO Salary Range: $140,000 -$180,000
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and is paired with comprehensive benefits package.
In addition to an opportunity to take part in an innovative and fast-growing business with a highly motivated and skilled team, we also take pride in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few ways that we show our appreciation:
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Health Care, Dependent Care FSAs
- Commuter/Parking Flex Spending
- Flexible vacation policy
- In-office lunch program
- Dog friendly work environment (SF)
All team members at Capella Space must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to help ensure the safety our community.
The definition of fully vaccinated is subject to change (may include boosters).
Accommodation requests based on medical or religious reasons will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Capella Space Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Capella Space Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Capella Space Founded Year
Capella Space Total Amount Raised
Capella Space Funding RoundsView funding details