Development Engineer - SB EnergyView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Development Engineer
- Job Location
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA/Denver, CO
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Do you want to work with high caliber professionals in a dynamic and growing company? Are you entrepreneurial, hard-working, and collegial? Are you committed to advancing the clean energy revolution? Join us at SB Energy, a world-leading company backed by SoftBank and Ares pairing cutting-edge innovation with best-in-class execution. Our Mission is to provide flexible renewable energy at scale, accelerating the global energy transition and benefiting our planet, customers, communities, and people.
SB Energy develops, constructs, and owns & operates some of the largest and most technically advanced renewable projects across the United States, with Headquarters in Redwood City, CA. The company was formed in 2015 as a subsidiary of Japanese multinational conglomerate SoftBank Group Corp. SB Energy launched its United States platform in 2019 and has quickly become one of the largest solar and storage developer/IPPs in the U.S. With almost 1.7 gigawatts (GW) of renewable energy projects in operation and a multi-GW pipeline, SB Energy is building the renewable energy future – today. SB Energy also utilizes its strong culture of innovation to identify and incorporate new technology into our projects, including our AI-based digital platform, to deliver renewable energy that is local, reliable, and matched to load.
Come join us in accelerating the energy transition to cleaner, more sustainable sources of power!
The Development Engineer will support the Development & Performance Engineering team to develop or acquire a portfolio of large-scale solar photovoltaic (“PV”) and energy storage solutions from project acquisition to the commencement of construction. This multi-faceted role will provide technical support for projects, including project technical due diligence, engineering, optimization, equipment evaluation and production modelling. The role will collaborate with Development, Procurement, and Investment teams to maximize project & company value.
- Develop preliminary layouts of utility-scale solar PV and energy storage projects and generate buildable area constraints through collaboration with internal and external teams.
- Optimize project design by using a working knowledge of module, inverter, racking, and battery energy storage system (“BESS”) specifications and design techniques.
- Support early-stage due diligence and engagements with external party engineering and environmental consultants.
- Contribute to the management of a development engineering budget.
- Generate engineering inputs for business development proposals.
- Perform PV production modelling and energy storage dispatch studies.
- Conduct site visits to support the project development and design.
- Contribute to technical evaluations of new and innovative technologies.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor or Master of Sciences degree and a PE license is preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 of experience in utility PV and/or energy storage system design and construction support.
- Familiarity with development studies such as environmental site assessment, wetland delineation, ALTA, hydrology, topography, and interconnection.
- Experience in MS Office and PVSyst.
- Knowledge of utility-scale solar and/or storage project design and optimization tradeoffs, typical technical specifications, and costs.
- Strong engineering, design, communication skills, and ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Experience with PV production modelling including post-processing techniques.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and updating proprietary tools.
- Demonstrated technical problem solving through innovation and exposure to the impacts of civil and geotechnical risks on PV design.
- Self-motivated & proactive in seeking out an important task.
- Looking for long-term growth potential within a company.
Location: The position will be based out of either Denver, CO or Redwood City, CA (strong preference for CO).
The position requires up to 25% domestic and international travels.
Base Pay- $90,000.00 - $120,000.00
SB Energy Headquarters Location
San Carlos, CA
SB Energy Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
SB Energy Founded Year
SB Energy Total Amount Raised
SB Energy Funding RoundsView funding details