Design Director, Grocery - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Design Director, Grocery
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; Austin, TX; Los Angeles, CA
- Job Description
About the Team
The New Verticals team at DoorDash owns the end-to-end experience of getting anything in your city delivered to you. As Head of Design for our Grocery Experience on New Verticals, you will create a product ecosystem that lets a customer shop for anything in their city, give dashers more opportunities, and let merchants reach new customers.
Shopping in a store comes naturally to all of us; this experience will need to retain familiarity and ease of physical shopping while taking advantage of digital capabilities like personalization, search, and recommendations. This experience will need to feel native to each vertical - e.g., people shop for groceries very differently than they shop for restaurant meals - while also feeling unified across types of goods and stores.
Imagine an app that knows the inventory carried by local merchants around you, and has access to a network of Dashers who can shop from any store on your behalf at high quality and low cost. Imagine a shopping experience built on top of this network that eases the burden of weekly chores, lets you discover selection beyond what you currently have, and brings that convenience and selection to your doorstep. If you succeed in this journey, over the next few years you will have built something that is a fundamental step forward in local commerce.
About the Role
As Sr. Manager of the New Verticals team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Product Leadership – You'll partner with peers in Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Research, and more to define a shared vision and roadmap for the New Verticals domain.
- Team Mentorship – You'll coach designers on your team, providing both project feedback and career guidance, creating opportunities for your team members to thrive.
- Hiring – You'll partner with our recruiting team to find, attract, interview, and hire new designers for your team.
- Operations - You’ll define how the team works in order to increase efficiency and quality design execution.
You'll report to the Director of New Verticals on our Product Design team.
You're excited about this opportunity because you'll…
- Invent the future. We are tackling problems that have existed in local grocers for decades. We are aspiring to develop game-changing innovations that make these businesses sustainable in the digital world.
- Drive “visible from space” impact that takes DoorDash to new heights.
- Manage, develop, and hire a team of all-star designers.
- Drive the product definition, strategy, and long term vision.
- Explore complex, ambiguous problem spaces, working with your team to understand the opportunity and chart a path forward.
- Influence the team's approach to product development, shaping both the organization and team processes.
- Improve the lives of millions of DoorDash customers every day.
We’re excited about you because…
- Track record of impact - you’ve been in the trenches and have a proven track record of driving significant, company-wide impact.
- You’re a playmaker - you are always pushing the envelope of what is possible and can figure out a way to make almost anything happen.
- Clarity of thought - you can articulate a clear product vision to cross-functional partners and our leadership team.
- You're an advocate for product quality and user-centric product development.
- You thrive when working on complex product ecosystems.
- You're enthusiastic about collaboration, team-building, and culture.
- You have 4+ years of experience leading successful product design teams and 10+ years of relevant product design experience.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details