DEI Summer Intern (Remote) - 23andMeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- DEI Summer Intern (Remote)
- Job Location
- Sunnyvale, CA
- Job Description
The DEI Team is looking for a passionate summer intern to join our team. This role will work with the DEI team and others in the organization to research DEI trends and to analyze our ability to embed new trends into our current DEI strategy.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with the Head of DEI and DEI Program Managers to research and analyze DEI best practices.
- Research and provide recommendations on DEI tools that would better embed DEI into the organizations.
- Provide support to DEI Liaisons
- Create documents to be utilized to share our current DEI activities.
- Coordinate DEI activities in conjunction with DEI Team
What You’ll Bring
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, but also act as a team player.
- A demonstrated passion for Social Justice and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Critical thinking skills
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or recent college graduate, preferably in human resources or another relevant field
- Authorization to work in the US
Please share with us why you're interested in this opportunity in a cover letter!
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
23andMe Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
23andMe Founded Year
23andMe Funding Rounds
Post Ipo Equity