Debt Specialist - ClerkieView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Debt Specialist
- Job Location
- San Francisco (Remote)
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Clerkie is a dedicated financial coach that has helped over 3M Americans achieve their financial goals. Our platform couples access to dedicated human financial specialists with a series of innovative, proprietary tools that automatically negotiate outstanding debts, including student loans, credit cards, and medical debts, and help people on their journey to financial stability.
Clerkie was founded in 2016 and is venture-backed by leading financial institutions like Citi, Flourish Ventures, and Vestigo Ventures.
Every day, we obsess about how we can provide the best possible experience and outcome for our users. Our goal is to create a lasting business, one that uses true innovation to rethink the financial journey for Americans.
We’re a group of hard-working professionals who are located across the US - 4 different time zones! We have a customer-first mindset and an appetite for getting stuff done. We’re looking for a superstar to help us deliver life-changing solutions to those who need them most. 💪
What we look for:
- You can pivot on the fly. Clerkie is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning.
- You appreciate direct communication and look for feedback. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener.
Why work for us:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Top-notch medical, dental, and vision
- 401k & retirement benefits
- Fully remote position
- Fantastic coworkers
- Annual destination company retreat (this year is Cabo San Lucas)
- You’ll have the opportunity to see how all aspects of the business operate and have the chance to be a part of a startup from the very beginning.
We’re looking for a Debt Specialist to champion the Clerkie solution. This role will be critical in ensuring our users continue to have life-changing outcomes.
As one of our early debt specialists, your role will be critical in delivering life-changing solutions to our users. By working on the ground level negotiating/paying down users outstanding debts you will have the distinct opportunity to make a real difference in people's lives. Through our day to day, we create the financial freedom for our users to pursue their dreams. Whether that be buying a new house/car or going on that dream vacation they have been saving for! While doing all of this - You will gather the information necessary to support our BD & Sales efforts as we build relationships and expand our creditor network around the country!
This role will report to the Operations Team Lead.
- Debt repayment planning
- Work directly with customers to assist in the setup and management of repayment plans
- Deliver necessary documentation and certification to partners
- Connect with creditors to review available resolutions for customers
- Document process and develop standard operating procedures for execution
- Support product & engineering
- Build, tag, and organize internal datasets
- Document UX/UI flows
- Customer support
- Support day-to-day customer requests, delivering an incredible experience for customers
- BD & Sales Efforts
- Gather relevant data to assist our sales team in developing direct partnerships with debt buyers & 3rd party collectors.
What you’ll need:
- 1+ years of professional experience in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptability and eagerness to support multiple different types of work at any given moment
- Standalone self-starter able to manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Process and detail-oriented mindset
- Strong organization & project management skills
- Proficiency in Office 365 (specifically Word and Excel), with an ability to perform data manipulation and analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to problem solve & reimagine current processes
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in regulated industries (ideally in finance or healthcare)
- Experience in customer service (phone, email, in-person), sales and/or account management
- Strong research skills
- Comfort in picking up new technology quickly (e.g. design software, internal software, project management software)
- Interest and understanding of basic financial concepts
Other criteria and cultural fit:
- Passion for our mission and financial wellness for those who need it most
- Extreme focus on the user with a healthy obsession for solving their needs
- Curious mind with keen interest and ability and desire to learn new concepts/tools
- Salary range: $45k - $55k
Want to be a part of something bigger than yourself? Submit your resume and a brief note on why you’d be the best fit for Clerkie. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply!
Note: Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Clerkie Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Clerkie Company Size
Between 5 - 20 employees
Clerkie Founded Year
Clerkie Total Amount Raised
Clerkie Funding RoundsView funding details