DC Facilities Engineer - Element CriticalView Company Profile
- Job Title
- DC Facilities Engineer
- Job Location
- Vienna, Virginia, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Element Critical owns and operates data centers in the heart of Silicon Valley in Sunnyvale, California, Wood Dale, Illinois (a suburb of Chicago), Northern Virginia and Austin and Houston, Texas. Our Tier III hybrid IT-ready facilities are carrier-neutral, network-rich, concurrently maintainable and available in a variety of deployment sizes and densities. Element Critical cares as much about the people we serve as the servers we house. We offer a data center experience that brings solutions engineering and customer service out of the shadows and into the spotlight.
Element Critical is seeking to add two (2) DC Facilities Engineers located in Vienna, VA to join its Facility Operations team. Our experienced team works to maintain the critical physical infrastructure that supports Element Critical. The Data Center Engineer serves as a technical resource to support Element Critical equipment that supports critical servers to maintain better than a 99.999% uptime.
The Data Center Engineer is responsible for operating and maintaining all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the facility. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, Stand-by diesel generators, Switchgear, Uninterrupted Power Supplies, Power Distribution Units, Air Handling Units, Chillers, Cooling towers, Chemical treatment systems, Pumps, Power monitoring, Electric motors, Variable Frequency Drives, Building Automation Systems, and Automatic Transfer Switches.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Operate and maintain mechanical and electrical equipment
- Perform root cause analysis of equipment failures and troubleshooting of facility events
- Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work
- Take daily operational readings of all mechanical and electrical equipment
- Utilize internal processes and Standard Operating Procedures to manage data center work
- Ability to perform work autonomously with little to no supervision
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 2+ Relevant experience at a critical infrastructure facility which include but are not limited to the following: data centers, nuclear, semi-conductor, and pharmaceutical
- Ability to work in an environment that operates 24/7 with an ability to participate in on-call rotation and provide after-hours support as needed.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and suites
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Technical (Military/ Trade School) training, Associate’s, or Bachelor’s Degree in applicable engineering fields or mechanical or electrical trades
- One or more of the following licenses or certifications:
- Operating engineering licenses such as DC II, DC III, or equivalent
- Stationary Engineering or Building Engineering License
- Electrical or mechanical Journeyman License
- CFC license
- NFPA 70E training
- First-Aid /CPR, Basic Life Saver Certification
The physical demands listed below must be met for the employee to perform the essential job functions of the position.
- Walk job sites in uneven terrain
- Work at heights and from ladders and at depths, such as under raised floors
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 49 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 50 pounds or more
- Work shifts up to twelve (12) hours in duration performing physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
- Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment
- Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
- Bend or twist the body into unusual positions while working
- Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects
- Push or pull heavy objects into position
- Work in a noisy environment
(1) Sunday - Tuesday, every other Wednesday: 5:30am - 6pm
(2) Sunday - Tuesday, every other Wednesday: 5:30pm - 6am
Element Critical is a well-funded, fast paced organization that is seeking to make several acquisitions over the next few years and develop into a very strong national player with an eye towards international expansion. Led by a team of savvy and experienced executives with a history of success, this is an opportunity to get involved near the ground level and grow exponentially with a company that is poised to execute.
Element Critical Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Element Critical Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Element Critical Founded Year
Element Critical Total Amount Raised
Element Critical Funding RoundsView funding details