DataOps - Storage - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- DataOps - Storage
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
DataOps Engineer - storage
Adyen is looking for a "DataOps Engineer - storage" to join our infrastructure team in Amsterdam. Our on premise platforms are growing at a fast pace. You will operate as part of a group of storage engineers, dataops engineers, and work together on the core infrastructure on a global scale. You will be challenged with the fast growth needs of Adyen, by the different teams across the company and to bring innovative solutions. You'll be asked to improve the current stack and support Adyen's needs on the storage realm, you'll be the expert that design manages and operates multiple storage platforms from well known storage vendors (Netapp, PureStorage and others).
- Create, maintain and iterate on the current storage infrastructure
- Anticipate on growth and look for structural changes required
- Work closely with the engineering teams and arrive at pragmatic solutions, in line with standards used throughout the infrastructure group
- Create and maintain advanced monitoring solutions based on open source platforms
- Automate all the components you touch by using configuration management tools, APIs.
- Integrate the storage appliances with our monitoring frameworks.
Who you are
- Background: you have a solid background with designing, scaling and maintaining storage solutions, learn on the fly, diagnose problems and be used to dealing with a 24/7 environment.
- Technology: you should be proficient and have real world and hands-on experience with 4 of the following technologies:
- Storage vendor experience (Purestorage, Netapp, or similar)
- SAN and NAS technologies
- Linux OS internals and block device fundamental
- FCoE and NVMe-oF
- Linux multipath and iSCSI.
- Experience: building, testing and maintaining a storage structure for enterprise at scale (multiple PBs)
- Knowledge: solid understanding of storage solutions and capacity to look for the best solution for different use cases.
- Mentality: you are a team player who is open to feedback and have the mind-set to automate and avoid repetitive tasks
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen. Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Sounds like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds