DataOps Engineer - Observability platforms - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- DataOps Engineer - Observability platforms
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
DataOps Engineer - observability platforms
Adyen is looking for a DataOps observability platforms engineer to join our Infrastructure team in Amsterdam. Our on premise platforms are growing at a fast pace. You will operate as part of a group of data infrastructure engineers, data engineers, data scientists, developers and work together at the core data infrastructure on a global scale. You will be challenged with the fast growth needs of Adyen, by the different teams across the company and to bring innovative solutions everyday. You'll be asked to improve the current stack and support several highly skilled teams of data engineers, data scientists, and platform engineers in general. In this role, you will:
- Create, maintain and iterate solutions for getting insights on infrastructure and services supporting applications with focus on metrics, logs and application traces that improve Observability.
- Collaborate with operations and engineering teams, application developers, management and infrastructure teams to assess near- and long-term monitoring needs.
Who you are
- Background: you have a solid background with designing, scaling and maintaining observability platforms, learn on the fly, diagnose problems and be used to dealing with a 24/7 environment.
- Technology: you must be proficient and have real world and hands-on experience with metrics platforms (Prometheus, AlertManager, Grafana) using security mechanisms (TLS), understanding of ELK stack, along with automation tools such as Ansible/Puppet. Linux optimization and debugging should be natural for you.
- Experience with scripting (bash, Python).
- Experience using git.
- Experience defining, creating, and supporting monitoring dashboards.
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering best practices.
- Mentality: Collaborative team player and have the mind-set to automate and avoid repetitive tasks
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria then Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds