Database Operations Engineer - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Database Operations Engineer
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Database Operations Engineer
Your responsibility as a Database Operations Engineer is to coordinate with our DBA Core Team, and to manage the performance, integrity and security of our database. You'll be involved in the development of the databases, as well as troubleshooting issues.
- PostgreSQL, CockroachDB and/or other DB systems
- Linux systems
What you’ll do
- Work closely with others from the DBA Core Team, Infrastructure, Network and Development teams
- Keeping a watch over our alerting system
- Incident handling
- Capacity management and trend analyzing
- Monitoring performance
- Performing database cleanups
- Backup monitoring
- Managing and testing back-up and recovery plans
- Conducting maintenance preparations
- Writing database documentation and procedures
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Managing the security and disaster recovery aspects of the databases
Who you are
- Able to and willing get to know and understand a complex system
- Good at teamwork, skilled in communication and negotiation
- Have experience or interest in multiple database systems
- Able to work under pressure if needed
- Able to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues
- Willing to keep up to date with newer technologies and security requirements
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Total Amount Raised
Adyen Funding RoundsView funding details