Database Engineer - MongoDB - Endor LabsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Database Engineer - MongoDB
- Job Location
- Palo Alto or Remote (US)
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering, this unique role involves building a 0 → 1 product at an early-stage startup with a world-class team. This role is based out of Palo Alto in a hybrid work environment. If you are interested in helping to build a large-scale SaaS service at an early-stage company and the list below matches your background, we would love to talk to you!
Who we are
Our mission is to help developers and AppSec teams spend more time accelerating development and less time dealing with security issues. Watch our 3 min pitch from our Founder & CEO here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0wmZBcPkFE
Endor Labs has been recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, a RSA Innovation Sandbox finalist, and a Black Hat Innovation Spotlight finalist, all in its first year from launch.
The company was founded by Varun Badhwar and Dimitri Stiliadis, who have created multiple category-defining cloud security companies. We have raised $70M in Series A funding and assembled a team of the world’s leading static analysis experts and enterprise software veterans to increase developer productivity and open source software adoption.
What you’ll do
- Be part of the platform engineering team working on distributed, microservices-based systems.
- Create, Manage, Monitor, and Maintain multiple NoSQL databases.
- Create high-quality documentation to enrich the knowledge base related to MongoDB
- Define and maintain the data architecture and associated data maintenance, integration, and load processes for the organization
- Drive database architecture and application development.
- Recommend best practices for coding and schema design for NoSQL database environment
- Applies advanced technical capabilities within own discipline to coach and develop technical talent.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with at least 5 years of experience building scalable platforms for product/SaaS companies.
- 3+ years of experience with non-relational and relational database development (preferred MongoDB) experience including coding and schema design.
- Have expertise in troubleshooting and resolving MongoDB related issues.
- Able to evaluate, plan, and perform database upgrades.
- Able to implement database hardening measures to ensure the integrity of and access to the database is never compromised.
- Able to design and implement DR plans & HA solutions and recommendations
- Experience working on MongoDB Ops Manager, Atlas.
- Knowledge about MongoDB indexes, shard keys & query optimization.
- Knowledge of point-in-time recovery solutions in MongoDB.
- Experience driving deliverables within the global database technology domains and sub-domains
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving requirements.
- Practical experience in troubleshooting distributed systems and the ability to identify root causes.
- Open to working in a 24x7 environment support with rotational shifts and on-call support on weekends
- Open to expanding the knowledge horizon beyond MongoDB onto other similar NoSQL technologies
Nice to have
- Prior experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Lambda functions, or other cloud-native technologies.
- Strong understanding of secure software design principles, dealing with certificates, OAuth2/OIDC, and secure changes.
- Experience in security, fraud, and anomaly detection use cases.
At Endor Labs, we:
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire to work with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
Endor Labs Headquarters Location
Palo Alto, CA
Endor Labs Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
Endor Labs Founded Year
Endor Labs Total Amount Raised
Endor Labs Funding RoundsView funding details