Database Engineer - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Database Engineer
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
As a Database Engineer you are part of our Infrastructure team and will be working closely with our engineers to provide them with your database related knowledge and support with investigating issues, application releases, monitoring and consulting.
- PostgreSQL, CockroachDB and/or other DB systems
- Linux systems
What you will do
- Work closely with others from the DBA Core Team (Database Engineers), Infrastructure, Network and Development Teams, and assist people in the DBA Operations Team;
- With your strong analytical skills you will focus on performance investigation, capacity planning and taking ownership of necessary improvements;
- You will be responsible for keeping the databases running smoothly, keeping their environments up-to-date, managing users, provisioning and configuring databases and performing database switches etc;
- You will work on scaling and optimizing our systems, investigating new technologies and automating existing processes.
Who you are
- You like to independently take on a project;
- You solve an issue by taking technical requirements and different stakeholders into account and reach out for support when needed;
- You are interested in contributing to the PostgreSQL community;
- You like to make use of your infrastructural knowledge;
- You have an interest in expanding your knowledge about Databases, Infrastructure and Distributed Systems;
- You like to work with Linux operating systems.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Total Amount Raised
Adyen Funding RoundsView funding details