Data Technology and Infrastructure Summer Intern, Cloud and Cost Efficiency (Remote) - 23andMeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Data Technology and Infrastructure Summer Intern, Cloud and Cost Efficiency (Remote)
- Job Location
- Sunnyvale, CA
- Job Description
During our 10-week summer internship program, you'll join our DTI (Data Technology and Infrastructure) team who provides top notch technical support for all of our colleagues across 23andMe. You’ll have the opportunity to develop skills such as build, improve, and deploy cloud infrastructure in a corporate setting. The dates for Cohort 1 will be June 5, 2023 - August 18, 2023; the dates for Cohort 2 will be June 20, 2023 - September 1, 2023.
DTI maintains a wide portfolio of projects and systems, and interfaces with a large number of other units at 23andMe. This internship offers a unique opportunity to choose from a number of different projects and solve problems across a vast range of domains. The items listed below only represent a section of the potential projects a successful candidate will work on – DTI will work to find an optimal match between the candidate and the projects in flight.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Support FinOps in the analysis of compute and cost efficiency of cloud computing resources.
- Work directly with senior engineers to build, improve, and deploy cloud infrastructure.
- Help 23andMe advance the state of its genetics compute platform and infrastructure.
- Learn about infrastructure automation, iterative deployment practices, and how to build confidence in rapid deployments.
- Develop tooling and process to allow consumers to easily understand and parse proposed changes to complex infrastructure.
- Explore the world of SlackOps, work with our engineers to develop and tune bots that allow users to easily manipulate and deploy cloud resources.
What You'll Bring
- Authorization to work in the US
- Please share with us why you're interested in this opportunity in a cover letter!
- 2 years of experience using Python or other scripting languages to solve various problems and build automation.
- Familiarity with Cloud services is a strong plus.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.) a huge bonus.
- Comfort working with Linux shells, SSH, etc.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Interest in teamwork and collaborative interaction with other teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with others in a fully remote environment.
- Can-do attitude
- Experience with data visualization and mapping tools (GraphViz, D3, etc.).
- Experience structured databases and data document processing tools (JQ, SQL, etc.).
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
23andMe Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
23andMe Founded Year
23andMe Total Amount Raised
23andMe Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity