Data Science Internship - InvocaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Data Science Internship
- Job Location
- Remote, Santa Barbara, CA
- Job Description
Invoca is the industry innovator in AI and machine learning-powered Conversation Intelligence technology. Forrester Research identified Invoca as a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Conversation Intelligence: Sales And Marketing, Q4 2021 report, stating that "Invoca is one of the few established conversation intelligence vendors that can legitimately claim AI capabilities."
With over 300 employees, more than 2,000 customers, and nearing $100M in revenue, there are tremendous opportunities to continue growing the business. We are building a world-class SaaS company, having raised over $100 million from Accel, Upfront Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Morgan Stanley, and H.I.G. Growth Partners.
At Invoca, we live by our four core values:
- Figure it Out: we take ownership of our work and are given the freedom to blaze our own trails.
- Help Each Other Thrive: we foster an inclusive and humble culture that allows us to build value for both our customers and our people.
- Continuous Improvement: we challenge the status quo every day to develop creative solutions that make our products better and our customers more successful
- Light the Customer's Way: we don't just sell a product or turn on a service; we are partners and trusted advisors who support and invest in our customers and their success.
If these values resonate with you, we encourage you to come join us - we are building something special.
About the Role:
Invoca offers an unusually valuable software engineering internship experience. You will be embedded with a team of data scientists. The team will provide you hands-on guidance and mentorship, ensuring that you learn key aspects of data science, machine learning, and the underlying statistics and math.
The experience you gain will set you up for professional success. Almost 50% of our interns join Invoca full time after graduation. Of those that don’t join, the vast majority go on to work at other industry-leading companies. This is a school-year internship.
- Receive mentorship and guidance from our experienced team of data scientists while working on solutions for challenging problems, including:
- Work on experiments leveraging proprietary Invoca AI and data sets
- Read relevant cutting edge papers, and participate in deep dives, code reviews, and other aspects of modern data science
- A strong motivation to learn and grow.
- The ability to work as part of a team and receive constructive feedback.
- Familiarity with Python and C++
- pandas, numpy, keras
- An interest in -
- running data science experiments with predictive models
- training multiple model variations and evaluating relative performance
- working with industry standard libraries
- pandas, numpy, keras, pytorch, tensorflow
- building coding skills with kubernetes, docker, and github
- Position Base Range - $30/hr (up to 20 hours per week)
"Our company is committed to creating a culture that is not only grounded in continuous learning, teamwork, and customer success, but is fair, equitable, and welcoming for everyone." - Gregg Johnson, CEO
And to us, diversity, equity and inclusion means more than treating current employees well and making them feel welcome. It also means hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique demographics, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Invoca will always be a place filled with laughter, positivity, thoughtfulness and respect.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Invoca Headquarters Location
Santa Barbara, CA
Invoca Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Invoca Founded Year
Invoca Funding Rounds