Data Engineer - Hotel EngineView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Data Engineer
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Hotel Engine is a Denver-based travel tech company on a mission to radically simplify trip management for businesses. We’re not a cumbersome travel management company, nor an online price aggregator. We’re a powerful network that brings hotels and businesses together. Our members save time, money and effort in managing their lodging programs, and our partners get access to loyal, high-value business travelers. It’s a true win-win. Following a 2021 series B funding round at a $1.3 billion valuation, we achieved remarkable growth in 2023. We expect 2024 to be our best year yet.
Across our organization, we’re powered by exceptional talent. From our large Engineering and Product teams to Sales, Supplier Relations, Member Support, Data, Marketing and Operations, our team is forward-thinking, data-driven and customer-obsessed. We’re also a lot of fun — one of the many reasons we were named a Best Place to Work by Built In Colorado for the past four consecutive years.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! Complacency doesn’t live here. We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture and bring diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please read on!Hotel Engine has experienced tremendous growth and establishing and maintaining high-quality data assets, data infrastructure, and analytics capabilities is critical for the company’s continued success. We are seeking a Data Engineer to help us define and execute an ambitious vision to provide trustworthy data across the organization. You will join as one of the team’s early members with an opportunity to design, build, and scale systems from the ground up.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with stakeholders across product, engineering, data science, finance, sales, and marketing to define data needs of the business, build data acquisition strategies, data pipelines, and reporting infrastructure to empower the organization to make better-informed strategic, product and growth decisions
- Designing and maintaining data models across the organization and formulating a strategy for appropriate data integration
- Leading the development, orchestration, monitoring, and maintenance of ETL data pipeline infrastructure
- Continuing to improve the performance and reliability of our data warehouse
- Partner with data scientists and data analysts to establish data assets and feature stores for process automation, advanced analytics and machine learning
- Manage the company’s business intelligence infrastructure
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including managing data infrastructure and building ELT processes
- Experience designing and deploying high-performance systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices
- Hands-on experience with current engineering technologies and cloud infrastructure
- Track record working with cross-functional teams to establish overarching data architecture and provide guidance on best practices
- Able to have both in-depth technical discussions with other engineers and explain concepts to a non-technical audience
- Enjoys mentoring other engineers
- The base salary range for this role is $102,000-$137,000. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.
Hotel Engine Headquarters Location
Hotel Engine Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Hotel Engine Founded Year
Hotel Engine Total Amount Raised
Hotel Engine Funding RoundsView funding details