Data Engineer, Colorado Springs - Rhombus PowerView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Data Engineer, Colorado Springs
- Job Location
- Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Rhombus is purposefully transforming the nation’s defense and national security enterprises with Guardian, its Artificial Intelligence platform for strategic, operational, and tactical decision-making at the speed of relevance.
We are looking for people who are driven by a sense of purpose. In this role, you will serve as a Data Engineer to solve our customer’s uniquely complex problems. We expect you to be a systems-level thinker and a real doer. You will excel in this role if you are hungry to make a difference and are intellectually bold. And we sure hope that you smile when you hear our clients say, “If we can dream it, Rhombus can do it.”
Come join our cross-disciplinary and world-class team of technologists who are working hard every day to deliver game-changing solutions to transform national security.
Colorado Springs, CO
Rhombus’ Data Engineers are instrumental in designing and implementing data engineering activities on topical, mission-driven projects that inform our national security agenda. They analyze, build, and maintain our organization’s data infrastructure and processing systems. Additionally, our Data Engineers perform various code development and query needs for integration with new and existing applications, dashboards and machine learning pipelines. Our Data Engineers work cross functionally with other departments to meet business needs. They utilize their skills at all stages of the analytics pipeline to create results that drive business values and customer success!
- Develop code using various programming and scripting languages to automate data ingestion and improve data management processes.
- Architect data repositories, stand up data platforms and develop data pipelines for ingestion, transformation, and aggregation.
- Review existing architecture, data strategy, and improve processes for data governance, data quality, and metadata management.
- Extract and analyze raw data from multiple data sources via APIs, SQL Stored Procedures, or Python scripts.
- Ability to develop scripts and programs for converting various types of data into usable formats and support project team to scale, monitor and operate data platforms.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of analysts, data scientists, data engineers, developers, and data consumers in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- You’ll use your experience in analytical exploration and data examination while you manage the assessment, design, building, and maintenance of scalable platforms for clients.
- Communicate project status and results to various levels of leadership.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems/Sciences, or other relevant area (or equivalent experience) and at least 1 year of professional experience, or a Master’s degree with strong academic project experience.
- Experience with 1 or more programming and scripting languages, with a strong focus on Python, Pandas and Numpy. Other languages include: Shell, PERL, Java, C/C++/C#, Scala, etc.
- Experience with 1 or more of the following relational, noSQL and/or file based storage (e.g. MYSQL, MongoDB, SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, Hbase, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Experience building and maintaining ETL data pipelines
- Experience with software development life cycle including testing, documenting, delivery and support
- Working knowledge of AWS/cloud technologies
- Experience using query optimization as well as data modeling techniques.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (such as TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, etc.)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Must be eligible for Secret clearance and for TS/SCI
- Ability to contextualize data as it relates to Rhombus’ vision. We want someone who can understand the “why” and “so what”, and not just the “how”. Our Data Engineers help us transmit the enthusiasm we have around the data work to the individuals doing that work.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- We’re seeking folks with strong intellectual curiosity and creativity, with an ability and willingness to learn new skills and apply novel solutions to problems.
- Comfort in a fast-paced start-up environment is crucial, with the ability to consistently revise your approach in response to new information, and to be flexible and adaptive.
- Full medical, dental, vision coverage for employee and dependents
- 401k matching program
- PTO and Holidays
- Bonus and other incentive programs
Rhombus Power Inc. (Rhombus) is a NASA Research Park startup located in the heart of Silicon Valley at Stanford Research Park in Palo Alto. We use cutting-edge cross-disciplinary approaches to solve pressing Big Data and Sensing problems in security, energy and healthcare. Our advisory board includes two Nobel Laureates and a Draper Prize winner.
Rhombus compensates, motivates, and develops employees, who are trusted, empowered, and involved. Employees have clear roles and expectations – and their roles are flexible enough to move at the speed of innovation in order to meet and exceed client expectations. We have a unique culture of global purpose, rooted in the innovation and progress of Silicon Valley.
Rhombus knows that diversity is a condition for success. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Rhombus Power Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
Rhombus Power Company Size
Between 50 - 200 employees
Rhombus Power Founded Year