Data Analyst - OutputView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Data Analyst
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Love music? Come sit with us. At our core, we help creative people make better music with cutting edge technology.
Output is one of the most influential and fastest-growing music-making software companies in the world, used by the likes of Drake, Bjork, Rihanna, and Coldplay, to name a few. Our focus is to inspire a new generation of music makers with a platform that brings the power of a studio to anyone, wherever they are. With groundbreaking products providing new sources of inspiration and sound; here at Output, we are on an endless journey to revolutionize the way creators make music.
Are you innately curious, passionate about building impactful analyses and a truth seeker using data? Output is looking for you to join its Data team. Come join a dynamic group and have an impact on Output’s fast-growing business. This position, reporting to the Director of Data & Analytics, produces actionable insights and recommendations through structured, thoughtful data analysis. You will collaborate closely with engineering and business partners across all functions and get to know different businesses across the company. You will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, prioritize multiple initiatives, as well as the ability to deal with the ambiguity that comes in a fast-growing organization. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the Data team and impact the growth of the company directly through data.
How you'll add value:
- Manipulate and analyze large and complex data sets to distill insights from data.
- Connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations using creative, effective, structured, and analytical thinking.
- Partner with Data Engineering to integrate, validate, and standardize data from various sources into our data warehouse in order to provide metrics visibility to leadership, enable advanced analytics, and to stand up business-critical reporting as our business grows and evolves.
- Develop scalable data models and intuitive data visualizations and dashboards that translate data into clear insights that support tangible, measurable solutions for business partners to implement.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to document business requirements to deliver and iterate on analytics projects and reporting suites.
- Collaborate other members of the Data team on data governance and quality, analytics methodologies, and general best practices.
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics
- Intermediate SQL skills required; R or Python skills a plus
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, or other equivalent BI tools required
- Experience with or willingness to learn about consumer SaaS business models required
- Experience with data modeling or ETL/ELT tools such as Fivetran, dbt, and Census or equivalent tools
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform/BigQuery or equivalent platforms
- Experience with customer data platforms (CDPs) such as Segment, Amplitude, or equivalent platforms
- Experience working with subscription and/or finance/accounting data (ERPs, billing systems, payments vendors, etc.) or marketing data (digital advertising platforms, marketing automation tools, CRMs, website, etc.)
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with cross functional leadership.
- Ability to champion cross functional alignment on operational metric definitions, data hygiene, and data governance for reporting and analysis
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in remote, fast paced and a highly collaborative environment with a start-up mentality
- This role is open to candidates in the following states: California, Washington, Colorado, New York and Florida
- In accordance with California law, the base salary range for this role if filled within Los Angeles is $75,000 - $110,000. The range for the position in other geographies may vary based on market differences. The actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Output is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Output’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Output has made a name for itself as one of the fastest growing, creative, and influential music-making software companies in the world. The likes of Kendrick Lamar, Bjork, Rihanna, James Blake, Imagine Dragons, Justin Timberlake, Nine Inch Nails and many more use our software to write music as well as hit shows and films like Stranger Things, Game of Thrones, and Black Panther.
We are a strong group of like-minded music makers and music lovers sharing the common goal of helping music makers around the world be creative. We’re bonded by music. We’re motivated by challenging and fulfilling work. And we always do it while having fun.
We have adapted our working styles and have successfully launched new products, achieved record sales and we continue to thrive as a team all while working remotely. We have embraced the “work from anywhere revolution” and will continue to hire all roles remotely unless otherwise stated. We are currently accepting applications from the following states CA, WA, CO, NY, NJ and FL. Our Los Angeles office will remain open to those needing a space or looking for a place to collaborate with other teams. Our culture has always valued our employee’s work-life balance and we offer 5 weeks of PTO, excellent health care, and a community of music enthusiasts.
Output Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
Output Company Size
Between 50 - 200 employees
Output Founded Year
Output Total Amount Raised
Output Funding RoundsView funding details