DACS/ Labview Software Engineer - AGILE Space IndustriesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- DACS/ Labview Software Engineer
- Job Location
- Durango, CO
- Job Description
Company & Mission:
Located in Durango, CO, (Headquarters) and Mount Pleasant, PA (Additive Manufacturing Center) Agile Space Industries, Inc. (AGILE) designs, builds, and tests in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft. AGILE uses state of the art 3D metal alloy printing techniques to rapidly design, manufacture, and test new engine designs in our purpose-built propulsion test facility. With over a decade of experience testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like Blue Origin, SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne, AGILE is a rapidly growing company with many exciting Defense, Civil and Commercial programs.
Position: DACS/Labview Software Engineer
The DACS/Labview Software engineer is responsible for designing, maintaining, and improving our customized LabVIEW based Data Acquisition and Control System (DACS) that supports testing operations. Successful applicants will be able to gather customer and team requirements to architect, develop, and deploy a solution. They will work on optimization of software to drive better usability and automation with our testing process and procedures. The software engineer is a self-starter and a team player with the enthusiasm to venture into unknown areas to make the system work. They also have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to thrive in a fast paced startup culture. The software engineer must also be a thoughtful, careful individual who can think critically, and operate with meticulous cognitive ability around hazardous systems.
- Design, build, and maintain National Instruments PXI/RIO Data Acquisition and Control Systems (DACS)
- Identify hardware requirements and compatibility
- Assemble, setup, and validate DACS hardware configurations
- Work with test instrumentation and control components: pressure transducers, thermocouples, RTDs, strain gauges, and accelerometers
- Troubleshoot DACS hardware related problems
- Benchmark system performance
- Develop, document, and maintain LabVIEW based software applications and utilities to support propulsion testing operations
- Full life cycle software development
- Software testing, quality assurance, and benchmarking
- Create and evaluate user graphical interfaces and provide feedback to advance design to a next level of usability, clarity, and effectiveness
- Drive the architecture to be focused on test automation
- Integration of new features into existing systems
- Provide technical support for testing operations
- Collaborate with team to develop solutions to complex problems
- Team player working effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Efficiently resolve issues with data acquisition to meet the needs of the customer and test team.
- Create and maintain software development standards
- Develop a usable multi-programmer architecture
- Evaluate and learn new systems, technologies, and architectures to reduce development time, increase reliability, and streamline operations
- Fulfill multiple project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Supporting various hot fire test systems
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelors of Science in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent (Physics and engineering majors with strong programming backgrounds are encouraged to apply)
- Broad experience with computer science, data structures, algorithms, software design and applications
- 3-5 years of LabVIEW programming experience
- Proficient in Object Orienting Programming (OOP)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to details
- Capacity to work effectively and communicate in team environments
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
- Willing and eager to learn an engineering system outside of their typical skill-set
- Understanding of basic computer networking (TCP/IP, UDP, firewalls)
- Candidate must be a US citizen
- Proficient in Actor Framework
- Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) certification
- Experience with R-series/RIO systems (Agile exclusively operates FPGAs in a LabVIEW environment)
- Experience with complex and efficient Graphical User Interface (GUI) architectures and coding and are able to capture more than a picture but the full environment and experience.
- Understanding of fluid process systems
- Experience working in hazardous environment
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Durango, CO
The salary range for this position is $70,000-$130,000.
Base pay will be determined on an individualized basis considering various factors, including location, qualifications, skills, and experience. In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, a potential new employees salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Agile, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
What You'll Love About Us:
- 100% of monthly premiums paid by employer for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your dependents
- Paid Holidays, Unlimited Sick leave, Vacation Pay, Paid Federal Holidays, Sabbatical Leave
- Company Sponsored Life and AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Maternity/Parental/Adoption Leave, and More…
- 401K contributions match at 4% of your salary
- Company stock options
- Employee referral program
- Learning & Development - allowing employees to explore development opportunities such as peer learning, trainings, certifications, tuition reimbursement
- Company get-together and team outings
- We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
At AGILE, our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at Agile. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request to email@example.com.
The salary ranges provided in this job posting are indicative and may be adjusted for individual candidates commensurate with experience or technical capabilities. All permanent full time AGILE employees also are eligible to participate in the employee stock option plan as part of a comprehensive remuneration package. In compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
AGILE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
- Please note that if the position is covered by federal international trade regulations, it is a requirement of the position that the individual be eligible to obtain any required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
AGILE Space Industries Headquarters Location
AGILE Space Industries Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
AGILE Space Industries Founded Year
AGILE Space Industries Total Amount Raised
AGILE Space Industries Funding RoundsView funding details