Customer Support Representative - Linden LabView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Customer Support Representative
- Job Location
- Duluth, GA - Hybrid
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Founded in 1999, Linden Lab develops platforms that empower people to create, share, and thrive within virtual experiences.
In 2003, Linden Lab first launched Second Life, the groundbreaking virtual world enjoyed by millions around the globe, which has since gone on to boast nearly two billion user creations and a vibrant $500 million (USD) economy.
Lindens value a workplace that’s as diverse as our products. As we continue to grow, we remain dedicated to building a company that is rooted in organizational health, strengths-based leadership, and the belief that teams are stronger than individuals.
If you want access to the forefront of virtual words and payment platforms that support the creator economy, this is the place for you. We’ve created space for everyone to find belonging and invite you to come as you ar
We’re looking for a Customer Support Representative - Tier 1 to help strengthen our relationship with our Residents by providing stellar service. Reporting to the Tier 1 Supervisor, you will be the face and voice of our company as you help guide our Residents through login difficulties, product features and billing matters. As an active listener, you will also have the opportunity to drive ongoing improvements to increase customer satisfaction.
*This is a hybrid role, working three days per week in our Atlanta office.
What We’ll Offer You
The stability of an established company and an unparalleled opportunity to create meaningful relationships and add to our culture. An environment where your voice will be heard and your impact deeply felt. A sense of belonging where your work is appreciated and rewarded.
In this Customer Support Representative role you will be on the front lines to serve and delight our residents. This is an opportunity for proper training and resources to become a next level support representative while learning all about the Second Life virtual world.
What We’ll Create Together
- Effective and thoughtful responses to customer inquiries regarding billing, product features, and account access via telephone and support ticket
- Partnership with other Customer Support team members to collaborate to address sensitive customer issues
- Main resource as the point of escalation for complex or unusual issues to other teams
- Ongoing improvements to customer satisfaction
- Facilitation of special one-off projects and other department related duties
What You’ll Bring to the Team
At Linden, we celebrate all the dimensions of diversity, including diversity of experience. We recognize that candidates applying for this role will be most successful if they bring the following with them:
- 6 months of experience in customer facing environments (retail/support) or a related field; experience in the gaming industry is a plus.
- A service mindset and passion for Customer Service
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure while communicating effectively to multiple individuals at once
- Patience and willingness to take the time to understand the unique needs of our Residents and provide effective solutions
- Self-initiative and strong sense of responsibility
- Collaborative nature as you will partner with the team and other departments to best serve our Residents
- A well-developed sense of humor, resilience and a positive outlook
- Flexibility to work weekends, evenings, holidays and non-traditional hours
- High school diploma, some college preferred, but we will consider candidates with a higher level customer facing work experience only.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. The confidence gap and imposter syndrome can sometimes get in the way of meeting incredible candidates and we don’t want it to get in the way of meeting you. We encourage you to reach out if you have belief in our mission and your own ability to contribute to our team!
- Hybrid in-office and work-remote role
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401(k) program with employer match
- Education reimbursement program
- Health & wellness reimbursement program
- Employee referral incentive program
- Generous paid vacation
- Complimentary Linden Lab employee account and badge for your Second Life avatar
The Fine Print
Pay Transparency Notice
The Company’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and equitable pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. The full compensation band for this Atlanta-based position can range from $17.00/hour - $21.00/hour + RSU equity incentive plan + generous benefits program, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision and 401(k). Actual base pay within this range is dependent on many factors, including experience, competencies, skills, internal equity and calibration to market data.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
As a remote-first company, we take great care to ensure an inclusive experience for all of our employees. You may be offered the opportunity to travel to company meetings and events, however this is not a requirement. We aim to optimize for remote attendance, not just accommodate it.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in a remote office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
The Company celebrates diversity of thought, race, national origin and culture, age, experience, religion, economic and social status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status. Building a culture of inclusion and belonging allows us to create and share experiences with each other, and with our virtual communities. We always seek to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace, and candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Global Data Privacy Notice
Depending on your location, the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Linden Lab Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Linden Lab Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Linden Lab Founded Year
Linden Lab Total Amount Raised
Linden Lab Funding RoundsView funding details