Customer Support Manager - Rhombus PowerView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Customer Support Manager
- Job Location
- Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Rhombus is purposefully transforming defense and national security enterprises with Guardian, its Artificial Intelligence platform for strategic, operational, and tactical decision-making at the speed of relevance.
We are looking for people who are driven by a sense of purpose. In this role, you be our Customer Support (or Client Success) person based in Tokyo. You will support our ultimate client in the defence industry as they subscribe for one of our products (Ambient AI).
Ambient is a solution that provides anticipatory warning of emerging threats using open-source data only.
The candidate’s role will be to answer the questions clients have with regards to our product, coordinate and conduct training sessions supported by our expert team here in the US, and interface with our US based team on at least a daily basis. Hence, the candidate needs to have native fluency in Japanese excellent fluency in English.
Some background in data and analytics would be a plus, to help understand and answer our customers’ complex and unique intelligence questions and problems. Come join our cross-disciplinary and world-class team of technologists who are working hard every day to deliver game-changing solutions to transform national security.
You will be expected to travel internationally approximately 5-10 percent of the time.
- You must be able to write and speak Japanese fluently. A native proficiency is required.
- You must be able to write and speak English fluently. A close to native proficiency is required.
As Customer Support (CS) at Rhombus, you will be embedded in our client’s workspaces and perform some work from home as well. Candidates are expected to bring a strong track record of driving tangible business value and outcomes for customers, with proven expertise and experience in technology.
Our Customer Support team members regularly prepare reports, and brief to company executives and our clients. You are expected to represent Rhombus internally and externally, and to represent how our solutions help answer our customers' most difficult intelligence questions.
Successful candidates will accomplish the following activities:
- Communicate effectively and proactively with customers.
- Translate customer requests from Japanese to English, and our responses from English to Japanese.
- Provides monthly status reports and clearly communicates program successes and issues to reflect performance as compared to the program's baseline and performance standards.
- Represent our program and the client in interactions with stakeholders; be comfortable with briefings, demos, etc.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, remove obstacles, and accelerate the path to customer success, track and address risks before they become issues, solve delivery challenges, addressing resource contention, scoping issues and managing expectations.
- Develop high quality and polished internal and external deliverables and other documentation to enable customer success
- Build a trusted advisor relationship with the customer.
- A Master’s degree or PhD in a technology field (Science, Mathematics, Engineering) or MBA is preferred. We will consider candidates with Bachelor’s degrees as well.
- Minimum of 5 years delivery management experience with enterprise solutions.
- Data-driven, analytically oriented, with a commitment to process improvement.
- Ability to successfully communicate and work with senior-level stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation, written, communication with keen attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
Rhombus Power Inc. (Rhombus) is a NASA Research Park startup located in the heart of Silicon Valley. We use cutting-edge cross-disciplinary approaches to solve pressing Big Data and Sensing problems in security, energy, and healthcare. Our advisory board includes two Nobel Laureates and a Draper Prize winner.
Rhombus compensates, motivates, and develops employees, who are trusted, empowered, and involved. Employees have clear roles and expectations – and their roles are flexible enough to move at the speed of innovation to meet and exceed client expectations. We have a unique culture of global purpose, rooted in the innovation and progress of Silicon Valley.
Rhombus knows that diversity is a condition for success. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Rhombus Power Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
Rhombus Power Company Size
Between 50 - 200 employees
Rhombus Power Founded Year