Customer Success Manager - Federal - Yurts AIView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Customer Success Manager - Federal
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Generative AI is making a real difference in people's lives. We’re seeing those who use it experience significant improvements in their productivity and get things done faster than ever before. The problem is, it’s not optimized for the workplace.
Generative AI is not yet connected to the information and knowledge you use everyday to do your job. It’s not configurable across the products you work with each day. Why? Enterprises and the government think about privacy, they have their own IT infrastructure, and prioritize securing their data. There are established workflows and applications, budgets for compute, petabytes of corporate data and knowledge.
At Yurts, we’re solving this problem. We are empowering people to do their best work by making the everyday easier with accessible AI.
Why We’re Hiring This Role
While Yurts is an early-stage startup, it has significant traction in the federal space - particularly in the DoD. We want to invest in the success of our current and future federal customers from the get-go. To do that well, we need someone who has experience working with the federal government on large-scale contracts who can hit the ground running on day one.
- Build High-Quality Relationships: Develop relationships with multiple levels of customer stakeholders - everyone from end users, to security engineers to CISOs.
- Lead Customer Onboarding: This is a hands-on role that will require someone willing to roll up their sleeves. You will lead the onboarding process for new customers, collaborate with them to understand requirements, goals, and challenges, and work with them throughout their implementation.
- Ensure Renewals: Work closely with the sales teams to identify the best path to renew and expand customers while minimizing churn risks.
- Provide Feedback: Proactively gather customer feedback and insights through surveys, interviews, and data analysis, and relay this information to our engineering team.
- Advocate For Customers: Act as the voice of the customer within the organization, advocating for customer needs and requirements to internal teams.
- Be a Yurts Expert: Develop hands-on technical knowledge of Yurts’ product and feature capabilities so that you can ensure our customers are using Yurts in the way that’s best for their team.
- Manage Issues: Collaborate with engineering to ensure timely resolution to customer issues and maintain consistent communication with our customers.
- SECRET or TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- Significant experience as a CSM or AM working with the government. This is our first customer success hire and requires someone who is able to thrive without significant guidance with customers in the federal space.
- Willingness to travel. You will need to be onsite with our customers frequently. Most of them will be on the east coast.
- Experience with a technical product. You’ll need to have worked with a highly-technical product in the past. Yurts is a Generative AI product and the technology itself is highly complex. While our users can be anyone at an enterprise, the decision-makers involved in bringing Yurts to their company (eg. CTOs, CIOs) are often quite technical and you will need to be able to comfortably communicate with them.
Skillful communication skills. You’ll need exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to build high-trust relationships with our customers. This will be critical for the times that you need to push back on asks, but keep your status as a trusted partner
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including sales, product, and/or engineering to ensure customers are a priority.
- Understanding of AI technologies, machine learning concepts, and their applications in real-world scenarios.
- Experience working at a startup. Yurts is early-stage and that means there’s a lot of things that aren’t figured out yet. You’ll need to be comfortable with operating in that kind of environment.
- Healthcare (medical, vision, and dental insurance) with generous employer contribution (90% for employees and 75% for dependents)
- Flexible PTO. Take time as you need it - plus Christmas Eve through New Year's Day is a company-wide shutdown to relax and get ready for the new year.
- Stock Options
- Remote work, with a home office stipend to set up your workspace
- Paid Parental Leave (12 weeks). Yurts also provides an additional 4 weeks (16 weeks total) for birthing parents.
- Bereavement leave (2 weeks) for miscarriages or the loss of a loved one
- 401k (no matching as of yet)
- In-person gatherings
The on-target earnings range for this position is $150,000 - $230,000 annually. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, clearance level, skills, and experience.
Location + Travel
This is a remote position, but it will require consistent travel - primarily on the Eastern seaboard. Being located in or near DC, Tampa, or Fayetteville NC is not required, but it’s a plus.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Yurts provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Compensation Information$150,000—$230,000 USD
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Yurts AI Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Yurts AI Company Size
Between 10 - 50 employees
Yurts AI Founded Year
Yurts AI Total Amount Raised
Yurts AI Funding RoundsView funding details