Customer Operations Associate - CoastView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Customer Operations Associate
- Job Location
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Coast is re-imagining the trillion-dollar U.S. B2B card payments infrastructure, with a focus on the country’s 500,000 commercial fleets, 40 million commercial vehicles, and many million commercial drivers. The incumbent technologies that cater to these customers are decades old, and drivers and fleets increasingly demand modern digital experiences and affordable and transparent financial services products. Coast's mission is to deliver them at a transformational scale, beginning with the Coast Fleet and Fuel Card built on a cutting-edge spend management platform.
As our first Customer Operations Associate in Utah, you will be a trusted advisor to our early customers, helping them succeed with our platform and ensuring they receive maximum value from our solution throughout their lifecycle. You’ll be responsible for understanding customer requirements, implementing and onboarding new customers, conducting product training, driving adoption and retention, and ensuring ongoing satisfaction.
We are hiring for our newest west coast office in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Manage customer service activity for Coast customers through strong relationship-building, product knowledge, real time responsiveness, and execution
- Be a founding member of a the customer service team that helps building out work flows, policies, and systems
- Help further operationalize our existing approaches to customer engagement and customer service leveraging our CS platform
- Maintain a deep understanding of our product and speak with customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific requirements and help troubleshoot customer issues
- Work closely with Product and Engineering on identification/tracking of enhancement requests
- Handle escalations and work across teams to resolve issues
- Serve as the “voice of the customer” and provide internal feedback on how we can better serve them to maximize customer value and retention
- 2-3 years of experience in client services with a preference towards consulting, banking, or a start up
- Collections experience a plus
- Must be able to come into our office 3-4 days per week
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to think strategically, problem solve, and prioritize tasks and initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a service oriented mindset and be motivated by the opportunity to turn customers into promoters with every interaction
- High energy, go-getter with fresh ideas who takes the initiative to get things done
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or similar work experience
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits, signing bonus, and equity. Pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including scope and qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to other Coast employees. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at Coast to fall healthily within the range based on these factors.
- Salary range: $50,000 - $60,000 annually
- Signing bonus
- Equity grant: commensurate with level determined at the discretion of the company, with meaningful potential upside given the company’s early stage
- Benefits overview:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (vacation, personal well being, paid holidays)
- Paid parental leave
- $400 accessories allowance for home office setup to be spent on a keyboard, mouse, headphones, etc.
- Free lunch every Friday
Coast is re-imagining the trillion-dollar U.S. B2B card payments infrastructure, with a focus on the country’s 500,000 commercial fleets, 10 million commercial vehicles, and 4 million commercial drivers.
Coast is co-founded and led by Daniel Simon, who previously cofounded Bread (breadpayments.com), a leading payments and credit technology firm backed by some of the world’s top VCs which was acquired for $500MM+ in 2020.
Coast recently raised $27.5MM in a Series A financing co-led by Accel and Insight Partners. We're also backed by top fintech and mobility venture funds – including Better Tomorrow Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, BoxGroup, Foundation Capital, Greycroft, and Colle – and premier angel investors – including Max Levchin (Affirm), Josh Abramowitz (Bread), Jason Gardner (Marqeta), William Hockey (Plaid), Ryan Petersen (Flexport), and many others.
Coast is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are building a diverse and inclusive environment, so we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Coast Headquarters Location
Coast Company Size
Between 1 - 100 employees
Coast Founded Year
Coast Total Amount Raised
Coast Funding RoundsView funding details