Creative Writer (Social Media) - Flo HealthView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Creative Writer (Social Media)
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We’re quite proud of our achievements…
250M+ downloads, 50M+ monthly users, #1 by installs in the iOS Health category, 4.9 stars on the App Store (3M+ reviews), backed by 7 VCs, annual revenue at 9 figures, and a valuation close to $1B.
…and we’re just getting started.
We’re Flo Health, a rapidly growing, Series B funded HealthTech building the essential digital health partner of tomorrow to empower women, girls, and people who menstruate with the knowledge and support they need to stay well and live better.
And there's never been a more exciting time to join us.
Our cycle, ovulation and pregnancy tracking, educational content and anonymised community platform have been trusted for years by millions to help them feel more in control of their health every day.
Now though, we’re harnessing the power of data analytics and AI to build a smarter future, one where we all know our bodies better - we’re set to become the world’s favourite female health brand.
Big plans, right?
They absolutely are - that’s why we’re hiring.
The Flo Creative Studio is the hub for creating world class marketing creative at Flo. This is a new role that will lead the direct response user acquisition creative we make as well as script-writing for content creation agencies that work with us.
The Creative Studio is built on a culture of creativity, initiative, data and customer-centricity. There’s a focus on creative excellence and feedback to ensure everyone on the team becomes the best they can be in their field.
You’ll be part of an exciting task force to improve our user acquisition creative through writing. You’ll work alongside our Creative Producer, Designers, Animators, Brand Managers, Analysts and User Acquisition Managers.
Working in fortnightly sprints you’ll develop creative hypotheses and collaborate with our in-house team and agencies to bring new ads to life. You’ll come up with concepts, lines and scripts to kick off the creative process.
You’ll think about how to emotionally connect with users and pay attention to language market fit. We are a global business with a large U.S. customer base, so you’ll be mindful of who you’re writing for and the context. At Flo, details matter, so you should be ready (and up for the challenge!) to work to feedback from medical and legal experts.
- As a social-first, direct response writer you have experience concepting and creating thumb stopping content for brands. You write strong hooks for static ads and videos, and write scripts that resonate with people about problems they’d like to solve in life. Your mindset is focussed on Flo’s users, what they need and how we can solve it for them.
- You should be deeply familiar with social channels, the formats and creative styles that work for each platform.
- A social native and creative obsessed, you’ll know what other great brands are nailing it when it comes to social content and ads. You’ll bring new ideas, inspiration and competitive examples to the table week-on-week to create and lead on new concepts with our designers.
- Ideally, you have experience distilling complex ideas and medical concepts into engaging, clear, and benefits-led creative. You’re also curious and passionate about women’s health. You value working for somewhere that’s mission-driven and are excited to help empower women around the world every day.
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for:
- Produce and refine engaging and original written direct response ads/creatives for various platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and TikTok.
- Contribute to creative writing for campaigns aimed at achieving marketing and commercial objectives.
- Take ownership of specific writing projects and contribute to the team's deliverables, knowledge sharing, and process/product enhancements.
- Revise and edit written copy based on feedback and requirements.
- Suggest variants of copy for testing.
- Collaborate with team members, departments, freelancers and agencies on various marketing initiatives
- Stay actively informed and observant about our industry and competitors.
- Ensure the delivery of materials that meet high quality standards.
- Work with localisation teams to ensure that we don’t just translate - but localize our work.
- Adhere to agreed-upon deadlines for the timely completion of all materials.
- Collaborate with diverse teams and departments on various marketing initiatives and projects.
People perform better when they’re happy, paid well, looked after and supported.
That’s just a fact.
On top of competitive salaries, we offer Flo's permanent employees:
- A fully flexible working environment wherever you’re at your best: at home, in our offices, or a mix-and-match of both
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP)
- Paid holiday and sick leave (dependent on location)
- Fully paid female health and sick leave, in addition to holiday and regular sick leave
- Workations - an opportunity to work abroad for two months’ a year
- Six months' paid Maternity Leave, and one months' paid Paternity Leave (subject to qualifying conditions) inclusive of same-sex and adoptive parents
- Career growth, progression, and learning development resources
- Annual salary reviews
- As many free premium Flo subscriptions as you’d like
- A whole host of other benefits (health/pension/social schemes, dependent on location)
It’s pretty hard to condense a culture down to a few words, but we do all have a few things in common.
We’re problem solvers, we’re adaptable, we’re empathy driven and results led.
People here like working in a fast-paced, multi-national, multi-cultural and ever changing environment. Everyone has an impact on a powerful mission, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to ideate solutions and put them in place. Being part of a rapidly growing business means that the answers aren’t always there for us already, but that’s okay; it’s part of the excitement!
If this resonates, we might be the right place for you.
We know that building the future of female health isn’t going to be easy, but we’re hoping you’re up for the challenge.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.
Flo Health Headquarters Location
Flo Health Company Size
Between 200 - 1,000 employees
Flo Health Founded Year
Flo Health Total Amount Raised
Flo Health Funding RoundsView funding details