Counsel II, Commercial - AffirmView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Counsel II, Commercial
- Job Location
- Remote US
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Affirm’s Commercial Legal (Revenue) team is instrumental in building, scaling, and supporting the framework for global commercial transactions and GTM efforts. We focus on structuring, drafting, and negotiating commercial and strategic partnerships involving a diverse range of financial and technology products and services while navigating a complex set of regulations. In this role, you will be a key advisor to Affirm’s fast-growing sales, partnerships, and merchant success teams.
What you'll do
- Structure, draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of global commercial agreements, including highly complex and novel agreements
- Collaborate with and provide strategic and legal advice to various cross-functional teams, including but not limited to, sales, product, finance, tax, customer ops and risk
- Lead or participate in projects to improve internal processes and increase the efficiency and scalability of the Commercial Legal team
- Train and help educate internal business partners
- Manage and resolve legal issues that arise in existing domestic and international commercial relationships
- Support Commercial Legal efforts related to M&A integrations
- Build and improve templates for global revenue-generating commercial agreements
- Build collaborative and effective working relationships with various teams in the U.S. and internationally
What we look for
- JD from an accredited school and current member in good standing of the bar in at least one state in the United States.
- 5+ years of complex commercial drafting and negotiation experience (ideally on revenue-generating contracts); prior in-house experience is a plus
- Great project management skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, and remain collected under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and advance multiple concurrent deals on tight deadlines while producing strong quality work product
- Excellent judgment, and ability to make timely, pragmatic, and business-focused decisions in ambiguous situations with imperfect information
- A strong work ethic, sense of ownership, accountability, and proactive willingness to jump in and do whatever needs to be done
- Experience drafting and negotiating data privacy terms, including but not limited to, CCPA, GLBA and GDPR contract terms
- Clear and concise communication skills to effectively collaborate and negotiate with both internal and external business and legal teams
- Adaptability in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and an enthusiasm for learning
- Humility, integrity and a sense of humor; you take your work seriously, but not yourself
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade: USA30Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.#LI-Remote
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.Inclusivity:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Affirm Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Affirm Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Affirm Founded Year
Affirm Funding Rounds