unybrands is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without any regard to race, skin color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, and age. Nor are applicants discriminated against based on disability or protected classes.
Corporate Counsel - UnybrandsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Corporate Counsel
- Job Location
- London, UK
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
unybrands was founded in 2020 by a group of partners who shared a common vision to create the leading next-generation e-commerce platform for micro-brands. The company operates globally, with our headquarters located in Miami and additional teams based in Berlin, London, New York, Seattle and Shanghai.
unybrands acquires e-commerce brands that operate on and off Amazon. unybrands integrates the brands into its platform, optimizes the business operations and economics, and expands to new product lines and geographies. With us, e-commerce brands reach new heights with expert operators and infrastructure.
The Corporate Counsel (M&A) will be responsible for providing general advice across all functions, with a focus on executing on unybrands’ acquisitions. The primary responsibilities will be enhancing leading on legal workstreams of our acquisition process from letter of intent, through to diligence, transaction document preparation, negotiation and execution. Moreover, the role will involve general in-house matters (commercial contracts, employment matters, intellectual property, data privacy, etc). The candidate would also be expected to be able to assist the General Counsel in equity and debt matters (including in respect of the negotiation of any future equity or debt finance rounds for unybrands).
You will have the opportunity to work cross functionally across the company and contribute to important strategic initiatives as well as operational matters.
Responsibilities include - but not limited to:
- Lead the negotiating and drafting of acquisition contracts for ecommerce brands being folded into the unybrands portfolio.
- Assist the General Counsel on corporate finance matters (equity and debt).
- Lead the negotiating and drafting of contracts customary to a fast-growing ecommerce startup with a primary focus on commercial contracts.
- Draft, review, revise and negotiate a range of complex corporate and commercial agreements, including warehousing, marketing, IT, licensing, services, consulting, supply, confidentiality, collaboration, research, and data-related agreements.
- Provide legal support across the organization, including quickly and effectively identifying complex legal and compliance issues and providing advice in a manner that integrates legal risk management with the company’s business objectives.
- Collaborate with outside counsel on intellectual property and data privacy matters and ensure execution of action plans and recommendations.
- Enhance existing policies, processes, and templates, as well as training employees with respect thereto and implementing the processes and templates on our technology platforms.
- Collaborate both within the legal team and with business clients to develop or enhance a variety of contract templates.
- Manage outside counsel as needed.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships across the company and contribute to cross-functional or departmental projects and teams.
- Assist the legal and compliance teams with a variety of legal matters, including general corporate, compliance, regulatory and other legal matters.
- Support efforts to effectively manage the delivery of legal services including budgeting, recruiting, performance management, process improvements, operations, training and team building.
A successful team member will have:
- Qualified solicitor (England & Wales or any other common law jurisdiction) and 2+ years of experience as a legal counsel with experience managing M&A processes, drafting and negotiating M&A documents, drafting a variety of commercial contracts.
- A combination of law firm and in-house experience would be ideal. Excellent interpersonal and client relations skills.
- Prior experience working for, or in, a high growth (start-up / venture capital) environment would be preferred, albeit not essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment leveraging internal and external resources to meet simultaneous deadlines/demands.
- Experience with implementing a contract management system; creating and managing contract templates; training business partners on contract policy.
- Excellent research, writing, counseling and communication skills and a positive client service orientation.
- Ability to work independently, as a team member, and across the organization.
- Accountability, sound judgment, and the ability to take ownership of an issue and provide concise and timely advice.
- German language skills would be a value-add.
Unybrands Headquarters Location
Miami Beach, FL
Unybrands Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Unybrands Founded Year
Unybrands Total Amount Raised
Unybrands Funding RoundsView funding details