Controller - ThunderView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Job Location
- United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
THUNDER | JOB DESCRIPTION
Join our growing Thunder team and play a critical part of a team that values your expertise and dedication to achieving financial excellence. Our ideal candidate brings a proactive and detail-oriented approach, with a passion for finance and accounting execution.
Reporting to the CFO/COO, you will play a critical role as the first full-time finance hire at Thunder. You will own core Accounting functions for a fast-moving, venture-backed startup.
The controller will work closely with the CFO/COO to review, reshape and optimize current internal accounting processes. Our ideal candidate is motivated, hands-on, and brings excellent internal and customer-facing communication skills. You have significant experience maintaining company GAAP-compliant financial records, and running efficient and successful external financial audits. You will also work closely with tax advisors in preparation of tax returns and support the FP&A team. You are highly organized, with an eye for detail and compliance, and will be excited by the opportunity to build out the finance accounting function at Thunder.
Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Prepare accurate and timely GAAP-compliant financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Analyze financial data to provide insights and recommendations to senior management for decision-making and strategic planning.
- Monitor key financial metrics and trends to identify potential risks and opportunities.
- Own the A/R function end-to-end including Invoice preparation, billing and collections
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective actions
- Work with company tax preparers to complete Thunder tax return.
- Coordinate with CFO and thunder tax preparers on tax strategy, etc.
Internal Controls and Compliance:
- Establish and maintain robust internal control procedures to safeguard the company's assets and ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards and regulations.
- Conduct regular internal audits to assess the effectiveness of internal controls and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with external auditors during the annual audit process to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial statements.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Support the budgeting and forecasting processes, working closely with department heads to develop accurate and achievable financial plans.
- Monitor budget performance and provide variance analysis to assist management in understanding financial results and taking corrective actions if needed.
- Oversee cash flow management, ensuring sufficient liquidity to meet the company's operational and financial obligations.
- Implement effective cash management strategies to optimize cash flow and minimize working capital requirements.
- Financial Systems and Process Improvement:
- Evaluate and enhance financial systems and processes to streamline operations and increase efficiency.
- Identify opportunities for automation and implement new technologies to enhance financial reporting and analysis.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Build and mentor a team of nearshore/offshore finance professionals, providing guidance, training, and support to foster professional growth and ensure high-quality work.
- 4-6+ years’ experience in Public Accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. MBA or Master's in Accounting preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation is mandatory
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proven experience in financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex financial data
- High level of Proficiency in financial software and ERP systems, including Quickbooks
- Excellent leadership and communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and senior management
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working with Tax providers in completion of annual Federal and State tax returns
- Experience with accounting consolidations with domestic and international entities
- Understanding of Stock-Based Compensation and equity accounting relevant to a venture-backed company
- Public Accounting Audit experience
- Exposure to Salesforce partner ecosystem and/or Salesforce CRM
- Experience and exposure to the IT Consulting space
- Experience with Quickbooks
Average national salary range for this role is $135,000 - 158,000, and final offer will vary based on several factors, including location and relevant experience.
Thunder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is deeply committed to building and supporting our diverse team through inclusive, equitable hiring practices.
U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
- First Week = PTO! Yes, really: it's what Thunder has become known for! Enter into your new role as refreshed as possible.
- Blue California Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life/Disability Insurance. No waiting period and better than most start-ups you've worked for!
- Stock options in a fast-moving, growth company - all employees have ownership in what we are building
- Real Opportunity to Develop your Salesforce Through Mentorship + Certifications
- People-First Leave Policies and Benefits - such as Online Mental Health support - for teammate wellbeing
- $1,800 Technology/Computer/Home Office Stipend
Thunder | The Opportunity, Mission + Culture
Thunder is here to help organizations love Salesforce, forever. We’re passionate about customer success, and seek out innovative consultants with an appetite to provide best-in-class consulting services that we’re proud to deliver: www.thundersf.com
We are building a remote-first culture - with "Thundercats" based from Hawaii to NYC - of intellectually curious, collaborative, solution-oriented teammates who love partnering with each other to deliver great work for our customers. We aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to solve problems, create or refine process. One cultural common denominator: we understand that at this stage of our life cycle, we’re here to build!
Thunder Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Thunder Company Size
Between 50 - 100 employees
Thunder Founded Year
Thunder Total Amount Raised
Thunder Funding RoundsView funding details