Controller - AGILE Space IndustriesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Job Location
- Hybrid Remote / Durango, CO
- Job Description
Company & Mission:
Located in Durango, CO, AGILE Space Industries designs, builds, and tests in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft. AGILE uses state of the art 3D metal alloy printing techniques to rapidly design, manufacture, and test new engine designs in our purpose-built propulsion test facility. With over a decade of experience testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne, AGILE is a rapidly growing company with many exciting Defense, Civil and Commercial programs.
The Controller will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations of AGILE and its subsidiaries. This entails assisting AGILE leadership in managing budgets, analyzing financial performance, payroll, tax compliance, and establishment of sound accounting practices for a company facing rapid growth. The Controller will create, maintain, and communicate the necessary financial processes to effectively manage the company, including regular reports, balance sheets, invoices, accounts payable, accounts receivable, job costing, margin analysis, payroll, and other cost control systems to track financial health across the enterprise. The Controller will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Develops and implements the company’s financial and accounting plans, policies, and procedures
- Manages input of data into the financial information systems including data entered by accounting staff and other personnel across multiple corporate entities
- Coordinates data processing and prepares detailed monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
- Manages the monthly closing of books and the reconciliation/analysis of all accounts
- Prepares financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepares and updates the long-range financial plan and provides accurate and timely budget forecast information to assist management in planning and decision making
- Ensures effective internal control processes and procedures are in place and followed for financial reporting
- Planning, studying, and collecting value-add data to determine costs of business activity
- Manage annual standards review and implementation
- Manage cost productivity pipelines
- Analyzing changes in manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing daily reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Prepare estimates for new and proposed product costs
- Analyze company activities to prepare contract pricing models reflecting overhead and fringe activities
- Assists with physical inventories and cycle count programs
- Assists with inventory analysis and reporting
- Manage or assist with special finance projects and other duties as assigned
- Assists with tracking and monitoring purchasing system to ensure timely and accurate inputs into accounting system
- Establish DCAA accounting processes to comply with contract requirements
- Manage annual audit
- Manage tax reporting requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Accounting
- GAAP: 5 years
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, as well as other tools necessary to prepare reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- This role is remote/hybrid in Durango, CO
- Experience with government and/or defense accounting practices (FAR/DCAA)
- Experience with multi-site accounting
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Strong cost systems background
- Experience managing bookkeepers and accountants to effectively manage the entirety of the financial systems
- Excellent analytical skills and sound understanding of accounting principles
- Seeks to constantly improve and optimize processes
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative in a high cadence, high pressure environment
- Team player, able to work effectively with a high performing team
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $100,000 to $150,000.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents Agile's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. Agile provides generous leave, company stock options,100% paid health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
The salary ranges provided in this job posting are indicative and may be adjusted for individual candidates commensurate with experience or technical capabilities. All permanent full time AGILE employees also are eligible to participate in the employee stock option plan as part of a comprehensive remuneration package
AGILE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
AGILE Space Industries Headquarters Location
AGILE Space Industries Company Size
Between 50 - 200 employees
AGILE Space Industries Founded Year
AGILE Space Industries Total Amount Raised
AGILE Space Industries Funding RoundsView funding details