Concept Artist Intern - League - Riot GamesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Concept Artist Intern - League
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, USA
- Job Description
As a Concept Art Intern at Riot you will bring characters and creatures to life. Drawing inspiration from as little as a napkin sketch or as much as a full-blown narrative concept, you will generate ideas and craft designs that are resonant, compelling and iconic. As a problem solver, first and foremost, you will help come up with visual solutions for game concepts
- Sketch, ideate, and iterate new character/creature concepts in collaboration with other developers
- Develop detailed concept art and orthographs for 3D artists and animators to implement into working game assets
- Creatively problem solve and figure out efficient solutions on executing the look and feel of the character/creature
- Collaborate closely with other disciplines to define characters/creatures that are both narrative and visually cohesive
- Take your knowledge of story tropes, archetypes, and narrative devices of all kind to help improve the designs that go into our worlds
- Bring your understanding of human and animal anatomy and know how to stretch the limits while still maintaining a consistent art direction
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks remotely in our US based offices
- Authorized to work in the country that you reside in during this remote program.
- Experience working with Photoshop or other relevant painting/design tools
- Ability to showcase iterations and sketches in addition to the final rendered pieces.
- Proficient in Photoshop and painting/design tools
- Demonstrated ability to digitally paint volumetric form and material differentiation in an isometric and orthographic view
- Understanding of colors and value structure
- Experience creating designs using inspiration from historical, fantasy, scifi, mainstream trends, and/or pop culture references
- Great understanding designing characters reading in an isometric view
- Inclusion of references, notes, studies, different angles, how a player interacts with a character or place, and why design choices have been made
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this is the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close January 6th 12:00pm PT
(Remote Only) The hourly rate for this internship is USD $34.81.
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
Riot Games Company Size
Between 2,000 - 10,000 employees
Riot Games Founded Year
Riot Games Total Amount Raised
Riot Games Funding RoundsView funding details