Computational Biology Summer Intern, Single Cell Methods Development (Remote) - 23andMeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Computational Biology Summer Intern, Single Cell Methods Development (Remote)
- Job Location
- South San Francisco, CA
- Job Description
During our 10-week summer internship program, you will join our Therapeutics - Computational Biology team who focuses on the development of statistical methods for the analysis and integration of multiple single cell data modalities in the context of providing mechanistic explanations of GWAS signals. You’ll have the opportunity to develop skills such as refining and improving analysis approaches and implementation in a corporate setting. The dates for Cohort 1 will be June 5, 2023 - August 18, 2023; the dates for Cohort 2 will be June 20, 2023 - September 1, 2023.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Develop statistical methods for the analysis and integration of single-cell RNA-seq, single-nucleus ATAC-seq, and other functional genomics data
- Validate and benchmark methods on public and 23andMe internal datasets
- Implement and extend software tools and pipelines for omics data, particularly single-cell RNA-seq and single nucleus ATAC-seq
- Interact with other 23andMe scientists through your project, team meetings and seminars, and learn about the wide variety of research at 23andMe
What You'll Bring
- Currently pursuing a Ph.D degree, preferably in Biostatistics, Statistics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or a related field
- Hands-on experience working with large genomic datasets
- Experience using R and/or Python
- Proven track record of setting up and maintaining data analysis pipelines
- Experience in developing robust data analysis in R or python
- Authorization to work in the US
- Knowledge of human genetics and GWAS
- Experience with single-cell RNA-Seq and/or single-nucleus ATAC-seq analysis
- Experience with version control
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
23andMe Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
23andMe Founded Year
23andMe Funding Rounds
Post Ipo Equity