Competitive Intelligence Manager - 23andMeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Competitive Intelligence Manager
- Job Location
- Sunnyvale, CA
- Job Description
23andMe is seeking an experienced Competitive Intelligence Manager to join our Planning & Insights team. We're looking for someone who is highly analytical, great at communicating, and has an in-depth knowledge of the health technology sector. In this role you will work closely leaders from product, marketing, and the office of the CEO, providing them with detailed competitive analyses to inform business decisions.
Our team culture is respectful and collaborative; we place a lot of emphasis on mentorship and growth, and enjoy working together to meet commitments to our business partners. If you think you would be a good fit we'd love to hear from you!
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare deep dives on companies to help leadership answer strategic questions and prepare for external meetings. Topics would include: financial metrics, analysis of operating model, market position and dynamics, product offerings, and partnerships.
- Identify and maintain a list of key competitors for 23andMe. Refine this list based on the strategic direction of the company and input from leaders. Coordinate with the Consumer Insights and Analytics teams to make sure we are gathering the right longitudinal data on these competitors.
- Summarize key insights from competitor earnings calls and annual reports. Contextualize this information for executive leadership and our Board.
- Structure and own a repository of Competitive Intelligence material so there is a single, well-maintained source of data as new business questions arise.
- Work with our Product team to provide insight into competitors' offerings and inform our product direction and features.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of work experience as an analyst or market researcher. MS or MBA a significant plus.
- A passion for healthcare technology, genetics, and the consumer experience.
- Strong financial background. Ability to understand the financial health of a company by analyzing annual reports, balance sheets and other financial statements.
- Highly structured approach to gathering and distilling information. Familiarity with knowledge management tools and experience creating clear, concise repositories of information.
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced environment and handle impromptu questions in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills; this role requires regular interaction with leaders from around the company.
Note: For this position, we are looking for Bay Area local candidates only.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
23andMe Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
23andMe Founded Year
23andMe Funding Rounds
Post Ipo Equity