Community and Operations Manager - PursuitView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Community and Operations Manager
- Job Location
- Long Island City (Hybrid)
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Community and Operations Manager
Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates economic transformation for high-need, high-potential individuals through our technical training programs. We are not just another coding boot camp. We are a mission-driven organization that goes beyond technical instruction to offer coaching, career development, and employer partnerships that help our Fellows secure high-paying software engineering jobs and thrive in their new careers.
We are One Big Team
The passionate and collaborative team at Pursuit gives its all to achieve our mission. And it’s not just staff. We work with employer partners that love hiring our Fellows because they are so well prepared, ranging from big financial firms to scrappy startups, and everything in between. We also activate and engage hundreds of volunteers who come from all areas of the tech industry. These experts and professionals help keep our curriculum fresh and our standards for achievement high by participating in our admissions process, as well as program-specific activities such as interview training, Demo Days, Hackathons, and Capstone projects.
About the Role
As a Community and Operations Manager, you will play a pivotal role in fostering a strong community, a culture of accountability, and a seamless Fellowship experience for our Fellows. You will manage Fellow progress throughout the program and collaborate with technical coaches and our extensive network of volunteers to develop lasting connections between Pursuit's One Big Team and our Fellows, with a goal of driving program commitment and persistence until they get their first job in tech. As a key member of the Core Fellowship team, you will have the opportunity to forge individual connections with each Fellow, actively contributing to and witnessing their direct economic transformation.
As a Community and Operations Manager you will:
- Manage the Cohort: Ensure Fellows are onboarded to Pursuit, organize Fellows into squads, and manage tracking of Fellow progress through the program.
- Build Community: Ensure all Fellows in your cohort have strong relationships within the program, including with staff, volunteers, other cohorts, and each other.
- Drive Persistence: Manage all initiatives related to community building and persistence, such as squads, and project manage Fellow case management.
- Design Interventions: Design class-wide and personalized interventions based on Fellow segmentation to drive persistence throughout the program.
- Manage and Track Fellow Data: Lead weekly data meetings with the broader cohort team to track Fellow readiness and identify those who require additional support. Ensure Fellow data is up to date in trackers.
- Support Industry Readiness and Leadership Development Training: Support Fellow training by delivering content on professional skills and coordinating volunteer presentations. Support major program events and experiences, such as Demo Day and hackathon.
What you need to be considered for the Community and Operations Manager role:
- Proven ability to uphold rigorous standards and hold others accountable to them with empathy.
- Experience working in technology, venture-backed, or Fortune500 organizations similar to those that hire Pursuit Fellows
- Strong organizational and operational management capabilities; adept at using Google Sheets, data storage and project management software to create dashboards, timelines, project plans, etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams and conducting team-wide meetings without formal management authority.
- Experience managing welcoming and high-performing communities/teams
- A proactive self-starter who can identify gaps and propose results-driven solutions.
- Adaptability and willingness to pivot in a dynamic environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong alignment with Pursuit’s mission
- Bonus if you have previously worked as a teacher
Where you’ll work:
- This is a hybrid role with a minimum of 2 days/ week on-site in our Long Island City HQ
When you’ll work:
- You will oversee both daytime and weekend cohorts, and some evening/weekend hours will be required. We'll work with you to figure out a flexible arrangement that enables effective management of both schedules.
- Great culture where transparency, respect, teamwork, and kindness are valued
- Competitive compensation in base, plus bonus and a full benefits package
- 401k plus match
- Unlimited PTO and an all-pursuit week-long holiday the last week of December
- An opportunity to work at the intersection of tech and social impact, and make a direct impact on the communities of those we serve.
Salary and Benefits:
Total compensation for this role is $85,000-$110,000 annually.
The compensation range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated to you as a candidate.
Pursuit values diversity:
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives and affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Pursuit Headquarters Location
Pursuit Company Size
Between 10 - 1,000 employees
Pursuit Founded Year