Communications Summer Intern (Remote) - 23andMeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Communications Summer Intern (Remote)
- Job Location
- Sunnyvale, CA
- Job Description
During our 10-week summer internship program, you’ll join our Communications team who be producing creative internal content to keep employees informed and engaged. You’ll have the opportunity to develop skills such as develop communication emails, videos, presentations, blogs, and posters in a corporate setting. In addition, you will be partnering with 23andMe’s media relations team to create engaging content for the public. The dates for Cohort 1 will be June 5, 2023 - August 18, 2023; the dates for Cohort 2 will be June 20, 2023 - September 1, 2023.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- Write and develop communication emails, videos, presentations, blogs, posters, or other creative mediums for 23andMe employees.
- Partner with the 23andMe media relations team to create content for external stakeholders and the public to help people understand the multiple facets of our business.
- Capture the spirit of our culture while ensuring language, imagery and messaging is inclusive to all employees regardless of age, ethnicity, sex, gender or beliefs.
- Work well and support communications needs for various teams across the organization - including HR, Workplace Experience, IT and others.
What You’ll Bring
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing.
- Experience creating multimedia content (i.e. videos, podcasts, photo editing) a plus.
- Authorization to work in the US.
Please share with us why you're interested in this opportunity in a cover letter!
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
23andMe Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
23andMe Founded Year
23andMe Funding Rounds
Post Ipo Equity