Commercial Sales Manager - QualtricsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Commercial Sales Manager
- Job Location
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Job Description
- At Qualtrics, we create software that the world’s best brands use to deliver exceptional frontline experiences, build high-performing teams, and design products people love. But we are more than a platform. We are the creators and stewards of the Experience Management category serving over 18,000 clients globally. Building a category takes grit, determination, and an appreciation for the unconventional—but most of all it requires close-knit, high-functioning teams with an unwavering dedication to serving our customers.
When you join one of our teams, you’ll be part of a nimble group that’s empowered to set ambitious goals and move fast to achieve them. Strategic risks are encouraged, and complex problems are solved by collaborating and iterating until the best solution comes to light. You won’t have to look to find growth opportunities— they’ll find you. From retail to government to healthcare, we’re on a mission to bring humanity, connection, and empathy back to business. Join over 6,000 people across the globe who think that’s work worth doing.
Commercial Sales Manager
Why We Have This RoleWe've grown our Sales team to respond to very strong client demand for the Qualtrics Insight Platform. This growth has resulted in the need to bring on an exceptional leader with a track record of attracting, developing and motivating an elite team of SaaS sales professionals.
How You’ll Find Success
- Achieve growth targets, running a pipeline of new business prospects, and maintaining key relationships with Qualtrics’ customer base while scaling the business. You will partner closely with Qualtrics’ marketing, client success, professional services, delivery and 3rd party partners to drive customer adoption of the Qualtrics XM Platform™. Key success metrics will be achieving quarterly bookings and hiring targets as the leader of this business.
- You have extensive experience successfully selling SaaS technology solutions into commercial mid-market clients and leading a stellar sales force. You're a leader with an analytical mindset, a motivated self-starter, obsessed with solving customer problems who is at their best dealing with the scrappiness and ambiguity that are a natural part of rapidly scaling a fast-growing technology company.
How You’ll Grow
- Develop your sales management and leadership skills as part of an established global technology company.
- Develop your communication and stakeholder management skills in a matrixed environment.
Things You’ll Do
- You will lead, mentor and motivate a team of 6-8 Account Executives based in Sydney to consistently achieve and exceed sales targets.
- Foster a positive and high-performance culture within the team.
- Provide guidance, support, and ongoing training to enhance the team's skills and capabilities; in particular with legal, product presentations, sales forecasting and working effectively with multiple internal teams.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to meet company objectives.
- Interface and develop professional relationships with existing clients and prospects throughout organisational levels
- Display a systemic approach to challenging contract negotiations/deals with multiple reps at a time.
- Implement best practices and stay updated on industry trends to enhance the overall sales approach. Have a real-time understanding of the competitive landscape to assist in determining win-based proposals and pricing
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Qualtrics XM solution offerings
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with other functional areas internally at Qualtrics, e.g. Professional Services, Implementation, Subject Matter Experts, etc to ensure a collaborative approach across all sales deals.
- Demonstrate leadership through change in a fast-growing environment
What We’re Looking For On Your Resume
What You Should Know About This Team
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field (MBA is a plus).
- Proven experience in sales management (preferably 8+ years), with a successful track record of meeting and exceeding targets. At least 3-5 years leading a team.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong background of winning that has led teams to breakthrough results.
- Experience using Salesforce.com and measuring system compliance
- Experience over-exceeding quarterly team quotas through metric based skill development and internal team management
- Experience working on complex contract negotiations
- Our team is a group of highly driven individuals that are intelligent, organized, and dedicated. We work together as a team to accomplish and exceed quarterly and annual objectives. We are a goal-oriented team that works hard and enjoys the incredible trajectory that Qualtrics provides. Our overarching objective is to drive company revenue growth through client success.
Our Team’s Favorite Perks and Benefits
Qualtrics is an equal opportunity employer meaning that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
- A comprehensive total rewards package consisting of base, sales incentives and generous benefits. We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.
- Private health insurance - top of the range coverage for medical and extras benefits.
- Annual Experience Bonus - we want to facilitate some great experiences for our employees. Put this bonus towards an experience you’ve always wanted to have!
- Experience Leave - additional 5 days a year to take for experiences!
- Quarterly Wellness Stipend - we take care of your physical and mental wellbeing with a fantastic reimbursement program.
- Commuter allowance - we take care of your public transport expenses to the office!
- Catered lunches in our North Sydney office - 5 days a week. We also have a well-stocked kitchen full of snacks, drinks and other goodies.
Qualtrics is committed to the inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Qualtrics will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please let your Qualtrics contact/recruiter know.Qualtrics Work Experience - As we look to the future, we believe that our teams are better together. Being together will help us learn more, grow faster and ultimately deliver better results for our customers and Qualtrics. Roles tied to an office location work 4 days per week in the office together and 1 day from home, with a strong spirit of flexibility around taking time for personal, health, and family moments in our work weeks. Our managers work with their teams to create a collaborative, engaged work environment, and arrangement that works for each of our team members.Not finding a role that’s the right fit for now? Qualtrics Insiders is the one-stop shop for all things Qualtrics Life. Sign up for exclusive access to content created with you in mind and get the scoop on what we have going on at Qualtrics - upcoming events, behind the behind the scenes stories from the team, interview tips, hot jobs, and more. No spam - we promise! You'll hear from us two times a month max with fresh, totally tailored info - so be sure to stay connected as you explore your best role and company fit.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Qualtrics Headquarters Location
Qualtrics Company Size
Between 5,000 - 10,000 employees
Qualtrics Founded Year
Qualtrics Total Amount Raised
Qualtrics Funding RoundsView funding details