Clinical Informatics Analyst - HelixView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Clinical Informatics Analyst
- Job Location
- San Mateo, San Diego or Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Helix is the leading population genomics and viral surveillance company. Helix enables health systems, public health organizations and life science companies to accelerate the integration of genomic data into patient care and public health decision making.
We are continuing to scale our world-class team to support our dedication to empowering every person to improve their life through DNA.
What is special about this role:
The Helix Clinical Informatics team plays a pivotal role in Helix’s efforts to provide a first-in-class clinico-genomics research dataset for our partners to conduct and publish cutting-edge genomic studies. Working closely with our Research and Research Platform teams, we are responsible for the exploration, integration, and analysis of clinical information obtained from EMRs, self-reported health outcomes, claims, biomarkers, and other digital phenotypes. Together with our Exome+ sequencing data, this combined dataset will enable discovery of novel genomic risks of disease, patient finding for clinical studies, aid clinical decision support, and improve care pathways. The patient is top of mind in everything we do, and your contributions here have the opportunity to improve the real world outcomes for each and every one.
What is special about this role?
The Clinical Informatics team is responsible for the organization and preparation of clinical information obtained from EMRs, self-reported health outcomes, claims, biomarkers, and other digital phenotypes from our partner health systems for internal and external clinical research in order to provide evidence for the use and enrichment of genomics in clinical practice. Together with our Exome+ sequencing data, this team’s product is essential for all aspects of the business including basic research, business development, patient recruitment, feasibility, and HEOR studies. In this role you will have the opportunity to participate in research projects, grow your coding and analytics skills, and contribute to a core part of the Helix business.
As a Clinical Informatics Analyst, you will:
- Work closely with senior Clinical Informatics team members to improve the completeness, integrity, quality and reliability of data
- Write scripts and build workflows to process EHR data
- Build data specifications and test pipelines to analyze data quality
- Work with clinical and genetic researchers, leverage clinical guidelines, and respond to ad-hoc requests to define cohort inclusion / exclusion criteria and translate these requirements into executable queries
- Perform analyses on our clinico-genomics dataset based on internal and external research aims, to investigate business opportunities and perform feasibility studies
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Medical Informatics, Pre-med, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or other related scientific discipline
- At least 2 years of experience working with healthcare data
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; desire to learn and grow in healthcare industry
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL
- Ability to work with various sources of data; familiar with database design, typical healthcare data models, and data manipulation/cleansing techniques
- Entrepreneurial spirit - willingness to jump into new areas
- Passionate about working with healthcare data
- Experience with current standards of healthcare data exchange (e.g., OMOP, FHIR, HL7, CDA) and common clinical coding standards (ICD, CPT, LOINC, SNOMED-CT).
- Certification in EPIC, Cerner, or other EMR system
- Experience with version control (Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Experience using Airflow, Nextflow, or other workflow orchestration
- Experience working in cloud environments
- Experience in Healthcare Administration, Ambulatory, or Public Health settings
- You have a secret (or not so secret) love for beautiful data
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity — we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility — we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility — flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Follow-through — we’re building a diverse team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
What Helix has to offer you:
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, Comprehensive Health insurance package including employer sponsored HSA
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 401(k) with employer matching and 100% vested on first day
- Comprehensive Well Being benefits
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Helix Headquarters Location
San Mateo, CA
Helix Company Size
Between 150 - 500 employees
Helix Founded Year
Helix Total Amount Raised
Helix Funding RoundsView funding details