Clinical Health Advocate Aroostook County, Maine - GalileoView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Clinical Health Advocate Aroostook County, Maine
- Job Location
- Aroostook County, Maine, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Galileo is a team-based medical practice working to improve the quality and affordability of health care for all. Operating across 50 states, Galileo offers high-touch, data-driven, multi-specialty, longitudinal care to diverse and complex patients—on the phone, in the home, and everywhere in between. Regional and national health plans, employers, and Fortune 500 organizations trust Galileo as the leading solution to improve population health. Founded by Dr. Tom X. Lee, the healthcare pioneer behind One Medical and Epocrates, Galileo is a team of leading innovators from healthcare, technology, and human-centered design. Our mission is to apply that talent and scientific thinking to transform society by solving our largest, toughest healthcare problems, while at the same time bringing the patient and provider closer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Clinical Health Advocate is the center of the care team, owning patient relationships and quarter backing a collaborative care plan that drives meaningful impact in our patients’ lives.We’re looking for teammates who are innate people-people, love helping others, and have a knack for tenacious problem solving.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Build rapport and trust with patients to truly understand and appreciate their needs. This includes motivational interviewing, therapeutic engagement, health coaching and other patient-centered strategies to improve health outcomes
- Work collaboratively with other care team experts like physicians, nurse practitioners, behavioral health providers and social workers to find creative solutions to help patients meet health goals and overcome social barriers
- Become the ultimate go-to for our patients, building and strengthening relationships with patients, families, and the broader community
- Provide and support patient care across several modalities including video, phone, and in-person interactions. Galileo has robust Covid precautions in place including screening, PPE, and regular testing but this role does involve time in-person directly in the community and homes.
- Operate as Galileo’s eyes, ears, and hands in the field- providing clinical support (examples include taking vitals, performing phlebotomy, vaccine administration, facilitating video visits with other providers, basic wound care, working with point of care diagnostics and administering medications within your scope of practice, etc.)
You are a creative problem solver and a compassionate provider of support. You service mindset and deep desire to create meaningful, positive impact, drive you to build trusting relationships. Leveraging both your intrapersonal relationship skills as well as technical clinical skills, you are most fulfilled when you are improving the lives of your patients and bettering your community.
The clinical Health Advocate is an in-person role supporting the Aroostook County, Maine area and surrounding counties.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following or equivalent experience:
- Strong people skills and the ability to connect with anyone, especially individuals who have been historically marginalized and have complex needs
- Creative problem-solving skills that can be leveraged to empower others and impeccable organizational skills that foster reliability and trustworthiness for colleagues and patients alike
- Strong communication skills, especially the ability to translate complex ideas into simple language
- Meaningful ties to Greenville's diverse communities and an eagerness to effect positive change within it
- A "hospitality mindset" and track record of creating memorable experiences for others, embodying a true joy in serving others
- Ability or willingness to learn motivational interviewing or health coaching.
- 1-2 years clinical experience as LPN, Paramedic or CMA
- Experience with phlebotomy and injections (vaccines)
- Reliable access to personal transportation
- For the safety of our patients and staff, employees in this role must be fully vaccinated with all necessary vaccinations. This includes a booster for a completed COVID-19 vaccination.
COMPENSATION SALARY RANGE: $50,000-$63,000 for base salary based upon prior experience and market dynamics.
HOW WE HIRE
Galileo is committed to hiring the best team possible to build health care that works for everyone. We value a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds—including, but not limited to—race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. Galileo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with a qualifying disability or conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship or fail to eliminate a direct threat.
Galileo Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Galileo Company Size
Between 20 - 50 employees
Galileo Founded Year
Galileo Total Amount Raised
Galileo Funding RoundsView funding details