Client Services Manager, PWM - EllevestView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Client Services Manager, PWM
- Job Location
- Remote (United States)
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Who We Are
Ellevest is a fast-growing, venture-backed financial services start-up built by women, for women. Our mission is to get more money in the hands of women, no matter where they’re starting or how far they’ve come. We started by building the only gender-aware online investing platform that takes totally un-ignorable realities (like pay gaps, different salary curves, and women’s longer lifespans) into account. Then we added financial planning services for Ellevest clients, plus a full-service private wealth management service that helps high net worth people, families, and institutions align their financial power with their values.
Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck after she realized that the financial services industry was built by men, for men, systemically leaving women behind. During her Wall Street days, she served as CEO of Smith Barney, CEO of Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, and CFO of Citi. Ellevest has raised $145 million from investors including Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Ellevest is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. Data shows that diverse teams are more innovative, make better decisions, and lead to greater employee engagement. When hiring, we look for culture add, not culture fit. That means hiring people who bring new perspectives and different experiences to our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About This Position
As a member of the Client Services team with Ellevest Private Wealth Management, you will play a critical role in working closely with our Private Wealth Advisors to ensure the financial needs of our Ellevest clients are met. This role is on the front lines of client experience and critical to hearing, translating, and meeting the needs of our clients.
This is an opportunity for you to join a growing team at an early stage where you will directly support our Private Wealth clients, identify areas of improvement, and implement effective solutions to help us scale. This role requires an individual who is proactive, has strong attention to detail, and is eager to make an impact. You will work closely with Private Wealth Advisors, and stakeholders on Investments and Operations (among other cross-functional teams and third party partners).
Day-to-day you will:
- Onboard new relationships as clients are onboarded and transition their assets to Ellevest; this will include everything from capturing critical client information and opening proper accounts to ongoing account maintenance
- Work directly with advisors to prepare personalized materials for calls and meetings and to ensure that all inquiries are answered quickly and thoroughly during the prospecting process
- Serve as a critical liaison between clients and advisors, Investments, and Operations teams, inclusive of account opening procedures and coordination with Schwab and other third parties
- Support existing client relationships. When the needs of our clients change, our Client Services team members will frequently be the first call.
- Assist Private Wealth Advisors as our investment offering evolves; this will include helping to communicate new investment opportunities to clients and executing on operational procedures to get clients invested
- Support the funding process for alternative investments, as well as quarterly and annual Operational Due Diligence (ODD) of alternative fund managers
- Work cross-functionally to streamline internal processes and support operations by:
- Supporting alternative investment maintenance (gathering capital call info, processing capital calls, signing and submitting ALOAs)
- Populating subscription agreements
- Requesting and uploading PPMs
- Online experience (OE) creation and troubleshooting
- Completing weekly onboarding checks as well as weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual checks for portfolios, account registration, alternatives, performance, etc.
- Developing strong technical knowledge of Salesforce, Schwab, and Black Diamond
- Uploading K-1 and 1099 tax forms
We’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in the financial services industry in a client facing role working with high net worth clients
- Experience with asset management or client portfolio management
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage your own time in a fast-paced, and dynamic work environment
- Strong technical skills and the capacity to learn new systems or technology (Salesforce, BlackDiamond, Schwab, Excel or Google Sheets)
- Strong project management skills
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest's compensation framework is based on data, benchmarking, research for comparable companies, and our internal pay equity policies. The prospective annual salary range for this role is $80,000-100,000. In addition to base salary, Ellevest compensation offering for full-time employees will also include the following benefits: equity, 401k plan with employer contribution, medical, dental and vision health insurance (80% of premiums covered by employer), unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling, paid parental leave, learning and development opportunities, financial support for accessing reproductive healthcare, free access to an Ellevest digital account and discounts on our financial planning and Private Wealth Management offerings. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including (but not limited to) the applicant's experience, skills, certifications, as well as internal equity among our team.Ellevest's compensation framework is based on data, benchmarking, research for comparable companies, and our internal pay equity policies. The prospective annual salary range for this role is $80,000-100,000. In addition to base salary, Ellevest compensation offering for full-time employees will also include the following benefits: equity, 401k plan with employer contribution, medical, dental and vision health insurance (80% of premiums covered by employer), unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling, paid parental leave, learning and development opportunities, financial support for accessing reproductive healthcare, free access to an Ellevest digital account and discounts on our financial planning and Private Wealth Management offerings. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including (but not limited to) the applicant's experience, skills, certifications, as well as internal equity among our team.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest was founded in New York City, but today, our fully remote team is spread across the whole United States. As a member of the team, you can expect to do work that directly impacts our mission and the lives of real women every day.
We’re also dedicated to building a work environment where everyone on our team can grow and thrive, with flexible working hours and time off; remote work policies designed for transparency and effective cross-team collaboration; ongoing team building and professional development; and more.
Do you think you could thrive in this role?
Please send us your application — even if you don’t check every single box. No two people’s career paths look exactly alike, and skill sets come in many different forms. We can’t wait to hear about yours.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the questions at the bottom of this application.
Ellevest Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Ellevest Company Size
Between 100 - 200 employees
Ellevest Founded Year
Ellevest Total Amount Raised
Ellevest Funding RoundsView funding details