Chief of Staff - Kairos PowerView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Chief of Staff
- Job Location
- Alameda, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Kairos Power is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal to dramatically improve people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
Kairos Power is looking for a Chief of Staff (COS) to perform a role that is both a strategic and tactical, hands-on role directly supporting the CEO and work closely with other Executive team members to ensure business objectives are met. This individual will work across several teams and business functions to impact productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, and communicating objectives between departments. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with an added focus on executive-level support and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Act as trusted advisor to the CEO and senior management team
- Oversee the successful execution of strategic business initiatives under the guidance of senior leadership and departmental heads
- Assist the CEO in facilitating effective decision-making. Represent the CEO as necessary in meetings while synthesizing the information and feedback for quick decision making.
- Evaluate internal and external inquiries directed to the CEO, determine the proper course of action and delegate to the appropriate individual to manage
- Participate in regular meetings with the Head of Talent & Organizational Development and the Head of People Operations to discuss potential staffing challenges
- Ensure all staff challenges are addressed properly, efficiently, and judiciously, and keep track of progress until resolved
- Serve as liaison between employees, executives, senior leaders, and CEO, regarding company climate, employee well-being, project updates, proposals, and planning
- Monitor daily operations through collaboration with senior management and department leaders, performing an array of administrative tasks from managing calendars, generating correspondence, planning and coordinating annual corporate meetings, and scheduling facilities
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with CEO and executives on special projects
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity. Manage key relationships and build a process to track and nurture key stakeholders, investors, and clients
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or similar field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 7+ years in a business or executive management role in a corporate setting
- Experience in an organization that develops and produce hardware and/or manufacturing
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management experience including project coordination, budget management, data analysis and strong decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective, versatile and action-oriented
- Proven success in a project coordination role
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another
- Adjusting, moving, transporting, installing, positioning, or removing objects up to 20 pounds in all directions
- Communicating with others to exchange information
- Operating motor vehicles
- General office environment
- Accessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
- High-concentration, demanding and fast-paced
Safety and PPE
- Reading and interpreting hazardous warning signs
- Reporting issues with equipment or unsafe conditions
- Some travel may be required, up to 20%
- Occasionally requires schedule flexibility
- Occasionally requires extended hours to support launch and critical project timelines
The salary range for this position is $194,200 to $242,700 for employees working onsite at our Alameda, CA headquarters. The range provided in this job posting represents the typical range or starting rate of candidates hired in California. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, the market data for your work location, and a comparison to other employees already in the role.
About our Benefits
We know that we have some of the most talented and dedicated employees, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, full-time employees (excludes interns) expect to have access to the benefits below:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Kairos Power is committed to building a diverse workforce that reflects the communities where we do business. Kairos Power is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We actively welcome people of different experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Kairos Power participates in E-Verify.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies please.
Note: You are applying for a position that is located in a facility that handles information that is subject to export control restrictions by the Department of Energy under 10 CFR Part 810. To work in this facility, you need to be authorized by the Department of Energy to access Part 810-controlled information. Foreign nationals who are citizens of countries that are not on the Department of Energy’s general authorization list (link below) are not permitted to work in our facility unless the Department of Energy issues an export control license to the company to permit that individual to have access to Part 810-controlled information. The following questions are intended to determine the licensing requirements that may apply. https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/10/appendix-A_to_part_810
Kairos Power Headquarters Location
Kairos Power Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Kairos Power Founded Year
Kairos Power Total Amount Raised
Kairos Power Funding RoundsView funding details