CG Modeling TD - LaikaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- CG Modeling TD
- Job Location
- Hillsboro, OR
- Job Description
The CG Modeling Technical Director (TD) is responsible for working with the CG Asset Supervisor, CG Modeling Lead and the Digital Pipeline team to support CG Modeling artists. This position will triage and fix technical problems as artists encounter them, and support the CG Asset Supervisor and CG Modeling Lead in the implementation of refinements and updates to workflows, toolsets and pipelines.
- Work with fellow Pipeline TDs to design, develop and maintain digital pipeline tools that pertain to modeling and asset, as well as procedural systems for assets and scatterings of assets including characters and layout of environments.
- Provide technical support to the CG Modeling team under the guidance of the CG Asset Supervisor and Modeling Lead to help complete VFX shots.
- Resolve complex user errors, debug technical issues, troubleshoot assets and assets in shots, and help artists with general problem-solving.
- Develop modeling workflow tools to meet show demands, ensure facility-wide consistency, and collaborate with Digital Pipeline TDs to provide support to Modelers and Asset Artists.
- Develop cross-department workflows to meet show demands and provide support for artists in other departments.
- Collaborate with the Digital Pipeline team to integrate modeling solutions into Asset Management systems including Maya, Houdini and Zbrush.
- Identify areas of industry innovation and help to develop and maintain custom tools, templates, scripts, workflows and documentation for the Modeling team; identify productivity improvements in collaboration with artists across disciplines.
- Help to maintain a wide array of existing workflows and scripts; write scripts, update/improve existing tools and create new utilities to automate and improve flexibility and control for artists managing complex assets.
- Setup library functionality for artists to be able to reuse assets and partial assets.
- Test and validate tools and techniques in production, and update documentation for pipelines and tools to reflect any changes that are made.
- 5+ years of experience in a CG production pipeline, specifically using Maya and Zbrush for modeling toolsets.
- Experience with Maya plug-in development, Mel scripting, Python and other similar scripting languages, and PyQt and other similar UI building frameworks, required
- 3D modeling experience, required.
- Experience with Universal Scene Description (USD) APIs and usage, preferred.
- Understanding of CG production pipelines from asset creation to final image.
- Experience working in Linux, required.
- Ability to utilize scripting to automate processes in Maya and Zbrush, required.
- Strong organization, communication and problem-solving skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or moderate.
On-Site in Hillsboro, OR
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Laika Headquarters Location
Laika Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Laika Founded Year
Laika Total Amount Raised
Laika Funding RoundsView funding details