CDD Underwriting Team Lead - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- CDD Underwriting Team Lead
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos and Spotify.
Team Lead Underwriting
As the team lead of Underwriting based in our headquarters, Amsterdam; you will guide a team that is in charge of onboarding clients, conducting KYC/CDD, evaluating the risks to Adyen and driving initiatives to streamline and improve our onboarding processes and customer experience. You will guide the team to ensure that we are compliant while onboarding vastly diverse businesses to Adyen. Underwriting works closely with Commercial, Compliance, Product and Development teams to which internal and external stakeholder management will be engaged in on a daily basis, all the while working directly with some of the biggest companies out there to ensure their compliance with rules and regulations in the financial sector. You will become a part of our growth improving onboarding experiences as well as scaling Adyen to the next level.
The team is focused on speed quality and customer experience and looking for someone to keep driving initiatives and improvements. You will be part of a global team working with regional counterparts.
What you’ll do
Guide and support a team responsible for the onboarding and risk assessments of new and existing clients; ensuring compliance and handling escalations / frictions efficiently and effectively;
Risk assessments towards onboarding of new clients - both new and existing clients who wish to expand with Adyen in accordance with regulations and internal KYC procedures;
Initiate and drive process improvements, provide insights and guidance towards these initiatives;
Evaluate existing procedures and processes developed internally, testing efficacy to optimise end-to-end our merchant’s onboarding processes;
Provide advice and assistance to Commercial and Development teams, with the end goal of increasing customer satisfaction and improving our automation rates respectively;
Ensuring continuous team growth and process improvements.
Who you are
- At least 3 years of prior experience in a risk or compliance role managing a team(s);
- You have a firm grasp and understanding of AML, KYC, PCI, Scheme rules and internal controls;
- You are detail oriented and organised;
- You are people oriented and ready to empower and enable team members get ahead in their careers, from juniors to seniors;
- You are able to manage your own work load as well as collaborate with others to improve;
- You take initiative, ownership and are committed to improve the way we do things in a critical, professional and effective manner;
- You are a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and is able to execute ideas / initiatives effectively;
- You have strong analytical and stakeholder management skills while believing that efficiency is key to operational excellence;
- You are a data-driven person who works well and understands with ease, making use of data to drive changes;
- You are someone with great foresight and thinks strategically when executing initiatives and conducting your planning.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Total Amount Raised
Adyen Funding RoundsView funding details