C/C++ Engineer, DBX - MongoDBView Company Profile
- Job Title
- C/C++ Engineer, DBX
- Job Location
- Remote North America
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Database Experience Team builds libraries that developers use to work with MongoDB. Our mission is to increase developer adoption and satisfaction by providing a reliable, enjoyable interface for developers and other end-users.
Our engineers are typically specialists in a particular programming language, but are capable of contributing to projects in other languages as well.
This role is for someone who enjoys designing, writing, and supporting Open Source libraries for C and C++ developers that use MongoDB.
This role can be based out of our NYC office or remotely from anywhere in North America.
You might be right for this role if you...
- Have substantial, demonstrable experience writing high-quality software in C and C++.
- Have deep knowledge of the C and C++ ecosystem.
- Are passionate about writing and designing C and C++ libraries.
- Have participated in Open Source software development or communities.
- Can make pragmatic design tradeoffs, balancing features, maintainability and delivery time.
- Communicate well, internally and externally, both in writing and face-to-face.
- Lift the skills and expertise of those around you.
- Are excited by our mission and values.
On this team you will
- Develop features for the C driver, C++ driver, and libmongocrypt.
- Investigate bugs and feature requests from commercial and Open Source customers.
- Mentor entry level engineers in technical and non-technical professional skills.
- Work with our Product and Server teams on designs and specifications for new MongoDB features.
Success in this role means
- Within three months, you will be contributing effectively day-to-day, fixing bugs, and implementing already-planned features.
- Within six months, you will contribute to the roadmap for our products and lead the design and specification of new features. You will have the trust of the team and our internal customers.
- Within a year, you will deliver several new releases of our software, will have significantly improved the quality, performance and maintainability of our codebase, and will be taking the lead in designing new features to solve novel customer challenges
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we are committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about Life at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB Headquarters Location
New York, NY
MongoDB Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
MongoDB Founded Year
MongoDB Total Amount Raised
MongoDB Funding RoundsView funding details