Card Scheme Operations Analyst - AdyenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Card Scheme Operations Analyst
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
This is Adyen
Adyen is the financial technology platform of choice for leading companies. By providing end-to-end payments capabilities, data-driven insights, and financial products in a single global solution, Adyen helps businesses achieve their ambitions faster. With offices around the world, Adyen works with the likes of Facebook, Uber, H&M, eBay, and Microsoft. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Card Scheme Operations Analyst
In order to build a sustainable business, we, as a financial institution, need to know at all times what our customers are up to and whether this is in line with Card Scheme regulations and our risk appetite. The Scheme Operations team is responsible for ensuring that our merchants are compliant with these regulations.
The Scheme Operations team is based in Amsterdam and works closely with its counterparts in Singapore, San Francisco and Brazil, as well as our Compliance department in Amsterdam. You will join a young and fast-growing team where a lot of processes are not set in stone. You are somebody who takes ownership, learns fast and has a critical mind as you are always looking for ways to optimize our risk-control efforts. Besides providing ongoing guidance to our Merchants, Underwriting and Commercial teams, you will also be in direct contact with the card schemes, such as Visa and Mastercard.
What you’ll do:
- You will join a young and growing team.
- Take ownership over our operational merchant risk management (with a focus on the compliancy related risks).
- Set up new processes to monitor our merchant portfolio against card scheme rules.
- Provide daily expertise on PCI DSS and data security related inquiries, both internally and externally.
- Manage merchants’ data security incidents from a scheme perspective.
- Manage non-compliance notifications from the card schemes. Work closely together with our Merchants, Account Managers, Card Schemes and other stakeholders to solve these cases quickly.
- Identify relevant card scheme rule updates and provide ongoing guidance to our merchants and internal teams, including Underwriting, Sales and Account Management.
- Work as an intermediary between the Compliance department and other teams.
- Help internal teams establish strategies that align with global objectives to ensure controlled and sustainable growth of the business.
Who you are:
- Previous experience with issuing will be considered a plus
- You are detail oriented and organized
- You are a self-starter and have the ability to thrive in a start-up environment with minimal supervision and run things like your own business.
- Knowledge of scheme rules, with specific experience in e-commerce landscape is a plus but not required
- Ability to convey compliance and card scheme requirements to our merchants and commercial teams
- Natural sense of urgency, there is no tomorrow
- Solid people skills, specifically you will be able to collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and merchants from varying disciplines and cultures
- Possess sound judgment and flexibility in changing courses and solving problems swiftly
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.
Adyen Headquarters Location
Adyen Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Adyen Founded Year
Adyen Funding Rounds